Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ahhh the British Spring time

Wikiposts

Ahhh the British Spring time

Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:47 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Ahhh the British Spring time

Originally Posted by Hutch
Aye. We were out about today - went to a place called Leckhampton Hill, which overlooks the delights of Cheltenham. Fair old breeze blowing, but at least it wasn't raining.

Oooh, just look at all the lovely... er... brown grass.

So much for England's green and pleasant land!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhh the British Spring time

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Oooh, just look at all the lovely... er... brown grass.

So much for England's green and pleasant land!
Now now... don't get catty...

Same area, view towards the Severn Estuary ... pretty green I reckon, not so sure about pleasant though...

Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:56 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ahhh the British Spring time

Same area, view towards the Severn Estuary ... pretty green I reckon, not so sure about pleasant though...

Hey, now that's gorgeous! Reminds me of Tassie.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

lovely
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:10 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I have a pop-up weather forcast on my computer which is telling me that tonights low for Newcastle upon tyne uk is ..... (drum roll)..... 0 degrees C

:scared: :scared: :scared:

It is the middle of April and we are going to get frost!!!

Good job rain isn't forcast or we might have been getting snow.

Tiggs
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
I have a pop-up weather forcast on my computer which is telling me that tonights low for Newcastle upon tyne uk is ..... (drum roll)..... 0 degrees C

:scared: :scared: :scared:

It is the middle of April and we are going to get frost!!!

Good job rain isn't forcast or we might have been getting snow.

Tiggs
Ouch. Currently a balmy 7.8 °C here
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:22 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch. Currently a balmy 7.8 °C here
It only just got to that temperature during the day here yesterday!!!

T
Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:40 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Just to make you feel better we had an overnight low of 7 degrees here in Perth last night. My tile floor is inducing frost bit this morning - had to dig our my sheepskin slippers.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum
Just to make you feel better we had an overnight low of 7 degrees here in Perth last night. My tile floor is inducing frost bit this morning - had to dig our my sheepskin slippers.

Crikey, thought it got cold last night! Had to dig out the gas fire.

Trouble is, the bloody fire only warms up the family room!! Remember that advert in the UK "It's like the Sahara in the lounge.The North Pole in the kitchen and the Baltic in the bathroom"!!!

Welcome to another Perth winter!!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you have the camera all sloping?
There's slopes like that where we live in VIC. Repace those trees with eculaypts...
Old Apr 17th 2006, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Crikey, thought it got cold last night! Had to dig out the gas fire.

Trouble is, the bloody fire only warms up the family room!! Remember that advert in the UK "It's like the Sahara in the lounge.The North Pole in the kitchen and the Baltic in the bathroom"!!!

Welcome to another Perth winter!!
lol Tracey.
My Dad has returned to the UK from Melbourne. I told to look forward to an English spring. He can't believe how cold it is over there. I don't mind the cold Aussie houses, you put on warmer clothes, drink milo, light the wood fire.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:14 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

I love seeing pictures of the UK countryside.

I was actually thinking of spring time in the UK the other day, when the trees are blossoming and the crowqus's [sp] are out in full swing - going down to the newspaper shop on a sunny Sunday morning without a coat, but wearing a long sleeved top though. Crisp air, with a slight breeze, that warrants your hair to be tied back, but its no problem because the sky is blue at least. Later on, sitting in the beer garden of a pub reading the newspapers, there is nothing quite like it.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 9:08 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Remember why you have a tiled floor.

I'll swap your sheepskin slippers for my double glazing, cavity walled insulation and central heating.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ahhh the British Spring time

The kids think it's so warm they can wear shorts, well it is spring so they tell me. Im still freezing and the leccy blanket is staying put.Roll on summer thats all i can say
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
The kids think it's so warm they can wear shorts, well it is spring so they tell me. Im still freezing and the leccy blanket is staying put.Roll on summer thats all i can say
its chilly today, had to put a jumper on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.