Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve been trying not to post too much about the shittier side of things here in case I feel I have to change my name to Arkon’s dad.
Anyway enough’s enough and it’s time for a full blown chest clearing rant.
First of all the nice shiny Ford Courier I bought in July to replace my write off shit itself and after ringing around from Townsville to Toowoomba the cheapest place for a replacement diff was right here on the Sunny coast. Whoopee $1130 to replace a diff that’s specifically excluded from the warranty on a Courier that’s clocked just 5k over the 100k Ford warranty. Not a happy bunny. Then the garage needed to have the vehicle for 3 days as they had to count the teeth on the crown wheel and gears as Fords don’t stamp the ratio on the dif anymore. They then had to order the part and fit it. Three weeks later and 2 aborted trips back up from Mooloolaba due firstly to a major oil leek in the diff and secondly to a wheel bearing being so loose it was like driving a clown’s circus car I finally get the car back. Can’t complain about the shocking Aussie service as the guy was a bloody nice bloke from Essex. Shit happens and thing’s just went wrong .
Anyway the next thing was after waiting patiently for six weeks for the electrician to come and connect up our solar hot water system, while paying exorbitant amounts to Energex to heat it using the lecky. The guy showed up last Tuesday and finally wired it up good to go. Or so we thought, a week later and not having had a drop of hot water for the whole time we finally get the engineer out today who replaces the burned out pump and still can’t get hot water from the roof to the tank. After much head scratching and tea drinking and a phone call to the Lux helpline he decides that the whole pump assembly must be faulty and strips it down only to find that the bloody clown who put it together fitted non return valves to both ends of the pump in effect cutting off the water to the pump. No bloody wonder it burned itself out running for a week with no water to pump. Problem solved he says and drives off into the distance. No wait we still have no hot water and I have to wait a week until he’s back in the area again bugger
Lastly, while waiting for engineer to show up I decided to chase up the loose ends on the house and mortgage. The nice people at the finance company should have paid us our 7k First home owners grant a couple of weeks ago as well as the balance of the home loan as we’d paid for two of the stage payments ourselves it was about 11 ½ k.
Twenty mins into the phone call and having had no joy tracing either amount I asked to speak to the boss man. It turns out that the 7k first home owners grant has not been paid because they’ve lost the paperwork and we have to apply again. The 11 ½ had been paid into someone else’s account as the girl who enters the records spelled our surname name wrong. They are very sorry to have messed us about and we’ll have the cash just as soon as they can find the account she’s paid it into
Ahhh feel much better now!
Thank god it’s Friday tomorrow and I can hitch up the boat and go fishing all weekend
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:07 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cresta57
I’ve been trying not to post too much about the shittier side of things here in case I feel I have to change my name to Arkon’s dad.
Anyway enough’s enough and it’s time for a full blown chest clearing rant.
First of all the nice shiny Ford Courier I bought in July to replace my write off shit itself and after ringing around from Townsville to Toowoomba the cheapest place for a replacement diff was right here on the Sunny coast. Whoopee $1130 to replace a diff that’s specifically excluded from the warranty on a Courier that’s clocked just 5k over the 100k Ford warranty. Not a happy bunny. Then the garage needed to have the vehicle for 3 days as they had to count the teeth on the crown wheel and gears as Fords don’t stamp the ratio on the dif anymore. They then had to order the part and fit it. Three weeks later and 2 aborted trips back up from Mooloolaba due firstly to a major oil leek in the diff and secondly to a wheel bearing being so loose it was like driving a clown’s circus car I finally get the car back. Can’t complain about the shocking Aussie service as the guy was a bloody nice bloke from Essex. Shit happens and thing’s just went wrong .
Anyway the next thing was after waiting patiently for six weeks for the electrician to come and connect up our solar hot water system, while paying exorbitant amounts to Energex to heat it using the lecky. The guy showed up last Tuesday and finally wired it up good to go. Or so we thought, a week later and not having had a drop of hot water for the whole time we finally get the engineer out today who replaces the burned out pump and still can’t get hot water from the roof to the tank. After much head scratching and tea drinking and a phone call to the Lux helpline he decides that the whole pump assembly must be faulty and strips it down only to find that the bloody clown who put it together fitted non return valves to both ends of the pump in effect cutting off the water to the pump. No bloody wonder it burned itself out running for a week with no water to pump. Problem solved he says and drives off into the distance. No wait we still have no hot water and I have to wait a week until he’s back in the area again bugger
Lastly, while waiting for engineer to show up I decided to chase up the loose ends on the house and mortgage. The nice people at the finance company should have paid us our 7k First home owners grant a couple of weeks ago as well as the balance of the home loan as we’d paid for two of the stage payments ourselves it was about 11 ½ k.
Twenty mins into the phone call and having had no joy tracing either amount I asked to speak to the boss man. It turns out that the 7k first home owners grant has not been paid because they’ve lost the paperwork and we have to apply again. The 11 ½ had been paid into someone else’s account as the girl who enters the records spelled our surname name wrong. They are very sorry to have messed us about and we’ll have the cash just as soon as they can find the account she’s paid it into
Ahhh feel much better now!
Thank god it’s Friday tomorrow and I can hitch up the boat and go fishing all weekend
lol - smile and wave mate... smile and wave
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"There'll be a hole in your boat, dear Cresta, dear Cresta....."

I just said to The Bloke, "hope alls well with the Crestas, they've been a bit quiet". Being an Aussie, The Bloke has been asleep for 5 hours, so he just snored

Perhaps we should start an Arkon Fan Club - we will join up - the loo started leaking on Monday-no plumber available till today; the bank has paid $250 to the tax office instead of The Bloke's credit card, the camera got pinched on holiday, the car battery died while we were away (the dealer said "you can't leave a car longer than 3 days without driving it - Aussie batteries need constant driving, its a well-known fault" Then FIX IT for F***s sake!!!!), I look like being out of work next month, and the Aussie govt stuffed up my wages underpaying me by a third while on holiday!!!!

On the up side though Mr Grumpy Poppy, we have Monster Munch, Prawn cocktail crisps, and English chocolate to deliver sometime and at least the UK part of the family are no longer with you..........!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
"There'll be a hole in your boat, dear Cresta, dear Cresta....."

I just said to The Bloke, "hope alls well with the Crestas, they've been a bit quiet". Being an Aussie, The Bloke has been asleep for 5 hours, so he just snored

Perhaps we should start an Arkon Fan Club - we will join up - the loo started leaking on Monday-no plumber available till today; the bank has paid $250 to the tax office instead of The Bloke's credit card, the camera got pinched on holiday, the car battery died while we were away (the dealer said "you can't leave a car longer than 3 days without driving it - Aussie batteries need constant driving, its a well-known fault" Then FIX IT for F***s sake!!!!), I look like being out of work next month, and the Aussie govt stuffed up my wages underpaying me by a third while on holiday!!!!

On the up side though Mr Grumpy Poppy, we have Monster Munch, Prawn cocktail crisps, and English chocolate to deliver sometime and at least the UK part of the family are no longer with you..........!
Ooh thanks Polly There's one happy teenager at our house now dreaming of his pending junk food fest.
I on the other hand must have offended the great Australian fishing god as the forecast for the weekend is severe gales from Cooktown to Coolangatta. Bugger! bugger!! bugger!!! No fishing this weekend.
Right in view of the severe shortage of virgins up here I'm off out to find a cockerel to sacrifice in the faint hope that the storms may abate long enough on Sunday to wet a line.
Now where's my hood and cloak?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:40 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh thanks Polly There's one happy teenager at our house now dreaming of his pending junk food fest.
I on the other hand must have offended the great Australian fishing god as the forecast for the weekend is severe gales from Cooktown to Coolangatta. Bugger! bugger!! bugger!!! No fishing this weekend.
Right in view of the severe shortage of virgins up here I'm off out to find a cockerel to sacrifice in the faint hope that the storms may abate long enough on Sunday to wet a line.
Now where's my hood and cloak?
Ummm....the only answer to that is ....how do YOU know that theres a shortage of virgins up there? :scared:

--------------------

If the god of fishing doesn't smile on you, see you at Gilhooleys Chermside tomorrow evening maybe?!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:49 pm

Ummm....the only answer to that is ....how do YOU know that theres a shortage of virgins up there? :scared::
Extensive research my dear, you'll recall I was going to trade Deb's in for a couple of 18yr olds on her last birthday........................

--------------------

If the god of fishing doesn't smile on you, see you at Gilhooleys Chermside tomorrow evening maybe?!
Would I have to wear the frock again?

I'll be in trouble now :scared: cockerel blood all over the keyboard
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:09 pm
Home and Happy

Extensive research my dear, you'll recall I was going to trade Deb's in for a couple of 18yr olds on her last birthday........................

--------------------

Would I have to wear the frock again?

I'll be in trouble now :scared: cockerel blood all over the keyboard
After that comment about Deb I'm surprised its not your own blood on the keyboard
Yes, you can wear the frock if you like, but only if you wear the heels as well Only about 4 girlies going; if you are coming down then Annqldau may let her other half out as well (as long as he has a frock!)
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:12 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

You bloody sponging migrants! Ripping off the Aussie coffers by taking that bloody First home buyers grant. Should be ashamed of yourselves really
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by hevs
You bloody sponging migrants! Ripping off the Aussie coffers by taking that bloody First home buyers grant. Should be ashamed of yourselves really
To ****ing right I'm claiming it little Johnny gets far to much of my hard earned coin.Besides it's a drop in the ocean compared to what I'm gonna be claiming once the pretty blue passports come in.
Anyway begone woman back to the dark side from whence you came. If this is what happens when I sacrifice a bloody cockerel them bloody devil worshipers can stick it
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:59 pm
Home and Happy

To ****ing right I'm claiming it little Johnny gets far to much of my hard earned coin.Besides it's a drop in the ocean compared to what I'm gonna be claiming once the pretty blue passports come in.
Anyway begone woman back to the dark side from whence you came. If this is what happens when I sacrifice a bloody cockerel them bloody devil worshipers can stick it
You should have stuck to the virgins!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:11 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

How many (if any) blokes are going to this 'do' on Saturday night?
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:15 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by 232Bar
How many (if any) blokes are going to this 'do' on Saturday night?
well at the last count, you, and Mr Cresta (if he can find his frock )!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 10:59 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

well at the last count, you, and Mr Cresta (if he can find his frock )!!!
Looks like a taxi home then, cos I ain't staying sober THIS time!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:11 pm

Whoopee we've got hot water now lashings and lashings of it.
Went up on the roof to check out the solar panels and the automatic bleed jobbie was hissing away to itself, jambed a screwdriver in to open it fully and once all the air was out the water began to heat up nicely. Within 2 hrs we had a tank full of hot water. So pleased I even washed the solar panels with some This plumbing lark's easy
Last nights sacrifice must have worked after all cos it's pissing down with rain now filling our tanks up nicely. Even the wind is forecast to drop tomorrow and it wasn't even a cockerel, poor thing had no balls still you can't beat roasted capon nice and juicy tender meat Mmmmmmmmm
I hope Gilhoolies sell Guinness I've even shaved me legs NOT!!!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:41 pm
Home and Happy

Phew! I guess you won't want to use our bath while you're down here then - and I'd got the nice bubble bath out specially too
Glad you sacrificed the cockerel and left the virgins alone .........they live to serve another day
Hope to see you later, which frock are you wearing this time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.