Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Advice on Oz travel holiday

Advice on Oz travel holiday

Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Advice on Oz travel holiday

Hi Guys.
My inlaws are arriving for 3 weeks in February and are spending the first week with us in WA.

They would like to visit Cairns, Sydney and possibly Brisbane/Gold Coast etc in the remaining 2 weeks.
Do you think it's possible in such a timeframe? And where would you recommend they go/stay while there?

I thought the usual, barrier reef while in Cairns, Harbour Bridge and Opera House while in Sydney etc.

Any more thoughts anyone? What is the weather usually like in those places mid/late Feb?

I'd appreciate anyone's opinions and thoughts as I've not been out of WA yet so please, good or bad, give me some advice so I can start to plan it all for them.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ShoreyM; Aug 31st 2009 at 1:28 am. Reason: typo
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Oz travel holiday

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Hi Guys.
My inlaws are arriving for 3 weeks in February and are spending the first week with us in WA.

They would like to visit Cairns, Sydney and possibly Brisbane/Gold Coast etc in the remaining 2 weeks.
Do you think it's possible in such a timeframe? And where would you recommend they go/stay while there?

I thought the usual, barrier reef while in Cairns, Harbour Bridge and Opera House while in Sydney etc.

Any more thoughts anyone? What is the weather usually like in those places mid/late Feb?

I'd appreciate anyone's opinions and thoughts as I've not been out of WA yet so please, good or bad, give me some advice so I can start to plan it all for them.

Thanks in advance.
would be pushing it for time if they were also planning on spending a bit of time with you in WA.

Out of that list I would say Cairns is a must as there is just so much to see there. If they haven't been to any of those places before and had to scratch one off the list it would probably be Brisbane/GC.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
It's the middle of the wet season in Cairns - and that can mean VERY wet!

http://www.cairnsconnect.com/cairns/climate.php
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Oh, that is very wet.
Thanks for he heads up on that. Thought Cairns was a must see but maybe next time, at a different time of year.

If we say Sydney is a deffo then. Where would people recommend they go? What's a must. Blue Mountains etc?

If not going to Cairns, they could fit in some time on GC then I think. What would you recommend they do/see there?

Or Adelaide instead? What are your thoughts?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

yeah yeah South Australia, Victoria and NSW that time of the year, also Tasmania is absolutely beautiful and that time of year, fantastic lakes, mountains, markets, walks, seafood.

id stay away from the top end, it will be really really muggy and wet. Even Brisbane can be unbearable that time of year if you are not used to it.

My money is on Tasmania, Sydney and get a houseboat and go up the Murrray or one of the Sydney esturies