Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Advice needed please.

Advice needed please.

Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice needed please.

As some of you know, our daughter has said she will come with us to oz this time, boyfriend will be in tow with a working visa.

Now, I really want them to fall in love with the place so they stay for good

Do you think it would be best for them to come out with us or follow us in a couple of months. What I'm thinking is that with all the up heaval of trying to find somewhere to live etc. it might have a negative effect.

If they come out later we will be more settled (hopefully). The worry is that once we are out of the country, the old saying springs to mind, "out of site out of mind". They might get settled, (they will probably have to stay with boyfriend parents when we leave) and change their minds.

Advice will be very much appreciated as I want to get this right!

Mandy
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:58 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed please.

I would be inclined to take them with me when we left.

Young people settle into new routines very quickly and don't really like to give up any of the routine or familiar.

If they are living with his parents, they might spend the next couple of months making life very easy for them whilst trying to persuade them not to go (after all they would be losing thier son) so it might end up too cooshy a number to give up on.

Also, if they join you at a later date, when they do come over it might make them feel like they are stepping INTO your world instead of helping to create the life that you will eventually have.

If they do come with you, you will have to be the ones making some sacrifices to give them and easier ride of it so that the move isn't so emotional and scares them off.

Good luck with whatever you decide. hope it all works out ok in the end.

Louise
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:00 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
I would be inclined to take them with me when we left.

Young people settle into new routines very quickly and don't really like to give up any of the routine or familiar.

If they are living with his parents, they might spend the next couple of months making life very easy for them whilst trying to persuade them not to go (after all they would be losing thier son) so it might end up too cooshy a number to give up on.

Also, if they join you at a later date, when they do come over it might make them feel like they are stepping INTO your world instead of helping to create the life that you will eventually have.

If they do come with you, you will have to be the ones making some sacrifices to give them and easier ride of it so that the move isn't so emotional and scares them off.

Good luck with whatever you decide. hope it all works out ok in the end.

Louise
I agree with Louise
take them with you, don't give them time to back out a bit of hassle at first is expected and also lets them see all the things on offer when you looking around.

Good luck hope it works out

Kim
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Reckon i'd take them - plonk them on the beach or somewhere else nice while you do all the donkey in the daytime.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

I should take them with you so they can help you make your news lives
togther.And feel a part of it. instead of comming over late with all plans
made without them.