The AFL

Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:26 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default The AFL

I see the new season has started this weekend and ive decided to try follow it as an adopted sport.I was wondering if anyone follows this.Are the Brisbane team any good? and can anyone give me a heads up on who's who with the teams.
I noticed the Kangaroos will be playing some games at the Gold Coast,can anyone tell me where and are they any good.

Its not quite football but i cant get into the whole rugby League malarky and i only like the 5 nations Rugby union,so its going to be Aussie rules for me.

(Last time i saw it was on Ch 4 about 15 years ago! )
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond reputePommie Granite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AFL

Originally Posted by brido
Its not quite football (Last time i saw it was on Ch 4 about 15 years ago! )

I see you're a master of understatements.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:36 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

I see the new season has started this weekend and ive decided to try follow it as an adopted sport.I was wondering if anyone follows this.Are the Brisbane team any good? and can anyone give me a heads up on who's who with the teams.
I noticed the Kangaroos will be playing some games at the Gold Coast,can anyone tell me where and are they any good.

Its not quite football but i cant get into the whole rugby League malarky and i only like the 5 nations Rugby union,so its going to be Aussie rules for me.

I Love AFL! I've missed it so much since being here in the UK. When I lived in Adelaide I followed the Crows, but I was young then and then I moved to Brisbane and lived in Queensland for a few years and started going to the GABBA and watching the Brisband Lions, and now they are my team. Can't wait to go back to the GABBA and watch them!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Brisbane were top draw 3 years ago and prior to that, they didn't do so well last year but had a difficult year, all sorts of problems with injuries and lost an important player early in the season. He didn't see eye to eye with the coach.
There was a time when everything was based in Melbourne, you will see even now that most of the teams in the league are from Victoria. It was known as the VFL then rather that the AFL.
Good news if you live outside Melbourne though is that the sides from the other Capital cities are currently stronger than the Melbourne based sides. I think the last four winners of the Grand Final Have been Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney and West Coast (Perth).
Hope this helps a bit
Old Mar 31st 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

We are doing the same as you and trying to follow the games seeing as it's the opening of the season.

We have taken on board a few rules and are making a bit of sense of the game. Prior to that it was just a load of blokes running amock. I think we're starting to enjoy it.

Looks like a bit of a family event and we may venture to see a game at one of the venues.

Hope you get into it too.
Caroline x

Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:05 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435843

I would say to the OP go with the Brisbane Lions. Strong team and only a few years ago won 3 Grand Finals in a row.