Adam Goodes?

Old Aug 7th 2015, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adam Goodes?

Originally Posted by OzTennis

I'm promoting my education merely because you seem to think I'm a bogan for some reason.
I'm not saying you're a bogan, but highly educated doesn't necessarily mean you're not. And being a bogan isn't necessarily a bad thing either.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 11:22 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I'm not saying you're a bogan, but highly educated doesn't necessarily mean you're not. And being a bogan isn't necessarily a bad thing either.
Bogan : an uncouth or unsophisticated person, regarded as being of low social status.

I'm not sure you could be highly educated and be unsophisticated at the same time - it would be fairly difficult to combine them. Even if you aimed for bogan as highly educated, you'd probably hit hipster instead, since it wouldn't be authentic.

I also don't think you can easily be bogan and be left wing - since jingoism is a key element of the bogan makeup (a right wing trait).

At heart I'd say that the key determinate of a bogan is someone with no sophistication or culture AND NO DESIRE TO CHANGE. It's a key difference from a chav - no equivalent of Burberry in the bogan mindset. It's also why they persist.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

At heart I'd say that the key determinate of a bogan is someone with no sophistication or culture AND NO DESIRE TO CHANGE. .
Yes. The bold bits are it.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Bogan : an uncouth or unsophisticated person, regarded as being of low social status.

I'm not sure you could be highly educated and be unsophisticated at the same time - it would be fairly difficult to combine them. Even if you aimed for bogan as highly educated, you'd probably hit hipster instead, since it wouldn't be authentic.

I also don't think you can easily be bogan and be left wing - since jingoism is a key element of the bogan makeup (a right wing trait).

At heart I'd say that the key determinate of a bogan is someone with no sophistication or culture AND NO DESIRE TO CHANGE. It's a key difference from a chav - no equivalent of Burberry in the bogan mindset. It's also why they persist.
My ex accompanied me to a wedding about 20 years ago at Cable Beach Resort. He turned to me about half way through the speaches and said "this is not what I expected". A bunch of unapologetic, uncouth, unsophisticated bush bogans who happened to have millions of dollars, own mining companies, Scots College and University educated. Bogans come from all walks of life. The word Bogan is a new addition to the dictionary and the true meaning can't be summed up in one or two sentances.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 2:17 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
unsophisticated bush bogans who happened to have millions of dollars, own mining companies, Scots College and University educated.
Ahh, you see, as far as degrees go, mining is one of those exception cases much of the time. Having had a bunch of mining degree students at my university, I'd agree that, as a group, they can often revel in being uncouth. Some grow out of it, but digging holes in the ground doesn't call for much introspection - particularly if you get filthy rich from it.

I often wonder if dwarfs grew to be associated with culture of miners, or miners grew to behave like dwarfs. Either way...
Old Aug 7th 2015, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahh, you see, as far as degrees go, mining is one of those exception cases much of the time. Having had a bunch of mining degree students at my university, I'd agree that, as a group, they can often revel in being uncouth. Some grow out of it, but digging holes in the ground doesn't call for much introspection - particularly if you get filthy rich from it.

I often wonder if dwarfs grew to be associated with culture of miners, or miners grew to behave like dwarfs. Either way...
Ah yes, just diving holes got them to the top of their field
Old Aug 7th 2015, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Another very long post. Time is money. I cannot do it all whilst travelling from client to client at this time of night.
That doesn't make you sound like a rent boy in the slightest, honest it doesn't.
Old Aug 7th 2015, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
That doesn't make you sound like a rent boy in the slightest, honest it doesn't.
good spot
Old Aug 8th 2015, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. The bold bits are it.
Bogan is another term like 'the Lucky Country' which you plainly do not understand the meaning of. To say you know plenty of bogan graduates proves that you don't know what it means. I suspect anyone without a far right outlook is a bogan to you. I seem to remember from another thread that you arrived on the shores about 3 years ago so the lack of knowledge on a lot of things is perhaps partly understandable.

You seem to have an enormous chip on your shoulder about well qualified people in whatever line of work you are in. You could even say you are well balanced with a chip on each shoulder.

You still haven't explained how Melbourne can be described as a left wing, blinkered place of bogans. That's as stupid as someone saying Sydney is gay.

Just for the record, in the last 23 years since 1992 the Liberal Party has governed the state of Victoria for 13 of these years so left wing claims are crap, if anything it could be described as right wing. Giving over 4.5 million people the same label beggars belief anyway.

Thank goodness (no pun intended) Goodes' return match went well and everyone can get on with the footy. The odd idiot booing will still happen but you can't stop that.

Old Aug 8th 2015, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bogan is another term like 'the Lucky Country' which you plainly do not understand the meaning of. To say you know plenty of bogan graduates proves that you don't know what it means. I suspect anyone without a far right outlook is a bogan to you. I seem to remember from another thread that you arrived on the shores about 3 years ago so the lack of knowledge on a lot of things is perhaps partly understandable.

You seem to have an enormous chip on your shoulder about well qualified people in whatever line of work you are in. You could even say you are well balanced with a chip on each shoulder.

You still haven't explained how Melbourne can be described as a left wing, blinkered place of bogans. That's as stupid as someone saying Sydney is gay.

Just for the record, in the last 23 years since 1992 the Liberal Party has governed the state of Victoria for 13 of these years so left wing claims are crap, if anything it could be described as right wing. Giving over 4.5 million people the same label beggars belief anyway.

Thank goodness (no pun intended) Goodes' return match went well and everyone can get on with the footy. The odd idiot booing will still happen but you can't stop that.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/...psbvrvlwsw.jpg
Don't over analyse it. Is what it is. Sydney is gay. Melbourne regressive unionism and tends to have a bogan edge.

Like the guy in our Melbourne office who can't understand why the Sydney and Brisbane office won't participate in the AFL tipping comp. "But its the national sport" he cries. Really. Hhhhmmmm. He doesn't get out of Melbourne much.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Don't over analyse it. Is what it is. Sydney is gay. Melbourne regressive unionism and tends to have a bogan edge.

Like the guy in our Melbourne office who can't understand why the Sydney and Brisbane office won't participate in the AFL tipping comp. "But its the national sport" he cries. Really. Hhhhmmmm. He doesn't get out of Melbourne much.
Not analysing things is your forte - sound bites, prejudices, tarring (sorry tainting for you) everyone with the same brush. You judge everyone in Melbourne by the guy in your office which speaks volumes for your reasoning and understanding.
Old Aug 8th 2015, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not analysing things is your forte - sound bites, prejudices, tarring (sorry tainting for you) everyone with the same brush. You judge everyone in Melbourne by the guy in your office which speaks volumes for your reasoning and understanding.
No just you. He's a nice guy. Just blinkered. Give the AFL thread a bump please.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No just you. He's a nice guy. Just blinkered. Give the AFL thread a bump please.
Why don't you give that thread a bump where you felt the need to ask people how to exercise - pathetic.

You aren't blinkered of course. If anyone thinks differently to you; no make that anyone who thinks, then they are blinkered or bogan.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why don't you give that thread a bump where you felt the need to ask people how to exercise - pathetic.
Shall I come and join one of your Tennis camps?

In return I can teach you how to play cricket
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:04 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

You aren't blinkered of course. If anyone thinks differently to you; no make that anyone who thinks, then they are blinkered or bogan.
Has one of your students stolen your log on details?
Shall I come and join one of your Tennis camps?

In return I can teach you how to play cricket
ENOUGH! Play nicely, I don't have two degrees or a lifetime in education nor do I work for a large multinational company.
I do have a ban button and a bad temper this evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.