Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aberdeen going down the tube

Aberdeen going down the tube

Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Aberdeen going down the tube

Originally Posted by talbot
I've recently heard from my friends in Aberdeen that because of the council's lack of funds, the Old Bon Accord Swimming Pool that's been there since late 19th century is closing, the ice-rink is closing and there are thousands of Poles residing in Torry now.

I am so glad we left!
Yeah, but the English are taking over OZ...but thats ok is it
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

You trying to start a row nu shooz. Cause non of us are looking for 1
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by shabee
You trying to start a row nu shooz. Cause non of us are looking for 1
Don't be daft...but it's true.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kez81
I was back in aberdeen over xmas and its really not that bad i had people say poles are takin over aberdeen rubbish

im a torry quine nithen rang wee torry my ma said she rather there wiz poles livin beside her than the junkies.

If mr Trump get to build his golfcourse it will put aberdeen on the map for something other than being the oil capital of europe according to evening express it could still happen.

As for the bonaccord baths now who will miss them?? nay me thats for sure Aberdeen is a lovely city and i for one miss it warts and all!!

far aboot in the deen are you fae??

Hey Kez. you better not talk like that when i see you, i'll need a translator you sound like Grant..
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

I find the hypocrisy of the original post amazing. Aberdeen full of thousands of Poles? I wonder what the the natives of Melbourne and the rest of Oz have to say about immigration?!

Anyway, it just gets worse and worse for Aberdeen!
Attached Thumbnails Aberdeen going down the tube-mini-091-016.jpg  
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:30 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shabee
Its a bit more than just them closing the swimming pool. They have closed the ice rink and one of my friends daughters skates at comp. level. She now has to go to Dundee on a wed. night and Edinburgh on a Sat. These are the closest place to train.
They are closing schools, cutting back the money given to the Schools, cutting back on teaching staff.

Cutting back of social services for the disabled, old and young. Closing places like the workshop for the blind.

Yes Aberdeen is in a bad way just now.
Our council said that its the governments fault for cutting back on the money they give our council when it is plain incompetence.

And yes the Poles are taking over and not just in Torry. I work at a school where we pride ourselves on being multi- cultural, thats just the way of the world nowadays.

You are right the world is multi- cultural to be honest i dont have a problem with the poles as long as there working and not sponging there just trying to make a better life for themselves as we are here in OZ no different.

Last edited by kez81; Apr 14th 2008 at 11:47 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hey Kez. you better not talk like that when i see you, i'll need a translator you sound like Grant..
hee hee im posh now ive moved to OZ so i was keep getting told when i was back but could you imagine if i spoke like that here.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:36 pm

i do think people forget that they too are an immigrant in australia and its not different from a polish who are living in the uk, i have a friend who is a nurse she says the hostipal she works in has mainly polish cleaners she also
says its the cleanest the hostipal has been in a long time the majority of them are hard workers and there doing a lot of the jobs the british wont so they are contributing just as we are coming over here with our skills.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by brido
Aberdeen was put up there oot the way for a reason.
cheeky!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:04 am
Account Closed

i do think people forget that they too are an immigrant in australia and its not different from a polish who are living in the uk, i have a friend who is a nurse she says the hostipal she works in has mainly polish cleaners she also
says its the cleanest the hostipal has been in a long time the majority of them are hard workers and there doing a lot of the jobs the british wont so they are contributing just as we are coming over here with our skills.
Exactly my point...

Jumbo...
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

There is a wee bit of difference in space though!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

The point I'm making is there's no space for more people (whether they come from Poland or Mars!!) Soon Aberdeen and Dundee will be one city.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tartankoala
I find the hypocrisy of the original post amazing. Aberdeen full of thousands of Poles? I wonder what the the natives of Melbourne and the rest of Oz have to say about immigration?!

Anyway, it just gets worse and worse for Aberdeen!
I'm not a hyppocrite my friend, the point i was making is there's no space for more immigrants, whether Poles or whatever.
Here in Australia we have plenty of space.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talbot
I'm not a hyppocrite my friend, the point i was making is there's no space for more immigrants, whether Poles or whatever.
Here in Australia we have plenty of space.
It wasn't the space. It was directly linked to the town 'going down' and you being well out of it.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It wasn't the space. It was directly linked to the town 'going down' and you being well out of it.
Hell yes, I'm well out of it and happy about that!

As far as immigration goes, immigration has been going on for centuaries and centuaries.
We all immigrated from Africa originally and man has and is continuing to do so.
I regard myself as a citizen of the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.