Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aberdeen going down the tube

Aberdeen going down the tube

Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Aberdeen going down the tube

I've recently heard from my friends in Aberdeen that because of the council's lack of funds, the Old Bon Accord Swimming Pool that's been there since late 19th century is closing, the ice-rink is closing and there are thousands of Poles residing in Torry now.

I am so glad we left!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:38 pm

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aberdeen going down the tube

True, the Poles have taken over Torry, but is it a bad thing? They may gradually push the junkies and hookers out of there, but then where will go....Kincorth?
Furry boots r u fae?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

wheep0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Tabot thats true but considering the old Bon accord baths was more of a gay sauna hangout, the old icerink was in such a state of ruin and not used anyway and the poles are doing the jobs that most of Torry think is below them, its not such a bad thing...

Aberdeen is booming, massive expansion in westhills business parks, the major operators like Shell and Bp are getting the hell out and letting the new smaller guys come in to the North sea bringing with them many new people and jobs, Property has one of the highest increases in the uk and unlike the Uk and England does not seem to be slowing down... Survey just done by What car saying more new Audis and BMWs are sold in Aberdeen than anywhere else in Uk..

Stewart milne surging up the Uk top 100 richest list...

bloody hell its so booming they even turned Donald Trumps billion pound golf, leisure and property development down....

If only the weather could be fixed......!

Aberdeen - Houston of Europe, oilfiled trash and proud of it.. 2nd coming..... $ 111 per barrel and only going up....
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:44 pm

So is this an Aiberdeen thread then, fit like & foo's it gan?
I dinna ken fit the fook's gan on back hame but it's nae sounding good, then Trump-miesters golf course is gan aheed but efter some major heedaches.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
So is this an Aiberdeen thread then, fit like & foo's it gan?
I dinna ken fit the fook's gan on back hame but it's nae sounding good, then Trump-miesters golf course is gan aheed but efter some major heedaches.
I wish I could reply in yer lingo man!!!! I love Doric (but must confess I'm frae South Efrica) but baided in Eberdeeeeen fer 15 yeers and my Pa was born in glasga.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by talbot
I wish I could reply in yer lingo man!!!! I love Doric (but must confess I'm frae South Efrica) but baided in Eberdeeeeen fer 15 yeers and my Pa was born in glasga.
Dinna worry min, I'll sort it out or u.

but baided in Eberdeeeeen fer 15 yeers and my Pa was born in glasga

It should read:

but bided in Aiberdeen fur 15 yeer and my da wiz born in weegie-land!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dinna worry min, I'll sort it out or u.

but baided in Eberdeeeeen fer 15 yeers and my Pa was born in glasga

It should read:

but bided in Aiberdeen fur 15 yeer and my da wiz born in weegie-land!
I ken!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:32 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO. in a word - IELTS.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by newjersey
LMAO. in a word - IELTS.
What does IELTS mean?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:56 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

What does IELTS mean?
International English Language Testing System
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

well I am born and bred aberdonian and I need a translator to read this thread to me
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey
LMAO. in a word - IELTS.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:57 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by talbot
I've recently heard from my friends in Aberdeen that because of the council's lack of funds, the Old Bon Accord Swimming Pool that's been there since late 19th century is closing, the ice-rink is closing and there are thousands of Poles residing in Torry now.

I am so glad we left!
I was back in aberdeen over xmas and its really not that bad i had people say poles are takin over aberdeen rubbish

im a torry quine nithen rang wee torry my ma said she rather there wiz poles livin beside her than the junkies.

If mr Trump get to build his golfcourse it will put aberdeen on the map for something other than being the oil capital of europe according to evening express it could still happen.

As for the bonaccord baths now who will miss them?? nay me thats for sure Aberdeen is a lovely city and i for one miss it warts and all!!

far aboot in the deen are you fae??

Last edited by kez81; Apr 13th 2008 at 1:01 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:11 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Aberdeen was put up there oot the way for a reason.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Its a bit more than just them closing the swimming pool. They have closed the ice rink and one of my friends daughters skates at comp. level. She now has to go to Dundee on a wed. night and Edinburgh on a Sat. These are the closest place to train.
They are closing schools, cutting back the money given to the Schools, cutting back on teaching staff.

Cutting back of social services for the disabled, old and young. Closing places like the workshop for the blind.

Yes Aberdeen is in a bad way just now.
Our council said that its the governments fault for cutting back on the money they give our council when it is plain incompetence.

And yes the Poles are taking over and not just in Torry. I work at a school where we pride ourselves on being multi- cultural, thats just the way of the world nowadays.

Last edited by shabee; Apr 14th 2008 at 2:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.