ABC Q&A

Old Nov 26th 2014, 10:01 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ABC Q&A

The car companies would have been laughing all the way to the bank, they cry to the government that it is too expensive to manufacture in Australia so the various governments just hand over more cash and of course make sure the companies promise to stick around. They bugger off anyway.

Originally Posted by GarryP
There's a difference between investment and being held over a barrel.

Gifting Ford or General Motors hundreds of millions to continue to produce so-so cars in Australia isn't a good move.

Instead saying to both of them "we have x billion here to invest in the design and manufacture of hybrid vehicles in Australia, with a backend share in any profits - now provides us with your proposals and we will decide who gets the money in competition ....

.... well that would be a different kettle of fish.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Public broadcasters around the world are hopelessly left-wing and biased - ABC, BBC CBC, PBS (US). It's the nature of the beast
In the case of the ABC, not so.

Audits clear ABC of bias, but don’t expect critics to listen | Crikey

Is the ABC biased and inefficient? Here's what the data says | Media | The Guardian
Old Nov 27th 2014, 2:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree - like the BBC, they are blatantly left-wing

Efficiency? What's that got to do with bias?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Disagree - like the BBC, they are blatantly left-wing

Efficiency? What's that got to do with bias?
Efficiency is an obvious problem when speaking about the mainstream media who lobby the right wing government. That's bias and as a result, inefficient. I don't suppose you get all your news from Channel 9 News or Andrew Bolt. If you did, you've have very biased news which makes you less informed than you should be.

ABC does the best job of them all in Australia. They report the news. It just so happens that there are plenty of right wing gaffes to report on, hence why many would call it biased. They didn't hold back on the reporting of the Labour party implosion.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Efficiency is an obvious problem when speaking about the mainstream media who lobby the right wing government. That's bias and as a result, inefficient. I don't suppose you get all your news from Channel 9 News or Andrew Bolt. If you did, you've have very biased news which makes you less informed than you should be.

ABC does the best job of them all in Australia. They report the news. It just so happens that there are plenty of right wing gaffes to report on, hence why many would call it biased. They didn't hold back on the reporting of the Labour party implosion.
Hmmm I wonder why so many channel 9 loving bogans vote labour?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Excellent point. Now we just need the link that backs it up.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent point. Now we just need the link that backs it up.
Where do you think channel 9 gets it best ratings? The blue or the red?

Old Nov 27th 2014, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Where do you think channel 9 gets it best ratings? The blue or the red?

http://www.tallyroom.com.au/wp-conte...ydney2010b.jpg
So no link then? So your point is only opinion and as usual, an uneducated one. And the red can't mean Labour as Lindsay is most definitely LNP. You might remember that they voted for LNP because they told them that the Asylum Seekers are causing massive build up on our motorways.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

People have a tendency to conflate demographics with politics and left/right thought.

Plenty of traditional working class people who have voted Tory.
Plenty of the intelligentsia vote Labour.

I prefer quality over left or right so I don't have an issue with the ABC. On the other hand, when I read the Australian I dial in for the bias. Of course, there is also anti-govt reporting in there too. I left the Age for the Australian- as I thought the Age was becoming frivolous.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So no link then? So your point is only opinion and as usual, an uneducated one. And the red can't mean Labour as Lindsay is most definitely LNP. You might remember that they voted for LNP because they told them that the Asylum Seekers are causing massive build up on our motorways.
No questions answered ....... again ..... you are boring me Nige
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
People have a tendency to conflate demographics with politics and left/right thought.

Plenty of traditional working class people who have voted Tory.
Plenty of the intelligentsia vote Labour.

I prefer quality over left or right so I don't have an issue with the ABC. On the other hand, when I read the Australian I dial in for the bias. Of course, there is also anti-govt reporting in there too. I left the Age for the Australian- as I thought the Age was becoming frivolous.
I know mate. Its also an old demographic map. There is more blue in there now. Though it is very fair to say, that the traditional working class of Sydney to inhabit the western parts of Sydney. It would be foolish to argue against that. Though my initial response was weather channel 9 target the bogans, the working class, whatever you want to call it. Can you point me to a program on channel 9 that actually targets the toffs?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

No questions answered ....... again ..... you are boring me Nige
Very weak response. Ask a valid question and I'll give you an answer. You can't provide a link to back up your claim. I can't say if more rural areas are more likely to watch Channel 9 and even vote let alone pick a political side. You're as hollow as this government.

Tell me, if you don't watch ABC, where do you get your news from? Who would be your preferred journalist? Obviously I'm talking about political issues.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Very weak response. Ask a valid question and I'll give you an answer. You can't provide a link to back up your claim. I can't say if more rural areas are more likely to watch Channel 9 and even vote let alone pick a political side. You're as hollow as this government.

Tell me, if you don't watch ABC, where do you get your news from? Who would be your preferred journalist? Obviously I'm talking about political issues.
I asked you the first question ........ yawn ...... still waiting, still waiting.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I asked you the first question ........ yawn ...... still waiting, still waiting.
Yep, exactly what Tony Abbott would say. Inspiring stuff.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep, exactly what Tony Abbott would say. Inspiring stuff.
Thread title mate. Q&A. Its not all about Nigel and his questions. That's the Julia rubbing off on you.

But for what its worth. SMH, BBC, ABC, SBS. But I'm rapidly going off ABC breakfast news. The woman presenter is your typical dopey, loud mouth, lefty, bogan. Not my cup of tea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.