Reload this Page >

8 days to new life in brisbane

8 days to new life in brisbane

Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

rhysleon will become famous soon enoughrhysleon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 8 days to new life in brisbane

Originally Posted by jazzys
Good luck with the saying of your goodbyes mate. Its not easy.

I am in brisbane too and i also used whites to ship my stuff.
Just make sure the toe rags at this end don't fleece you. They tried to get me to pay for customs clearance at this end even though i'd been told by whites that it was included in the quote. Just bear it in mind mate thats all.

Good luck and bring summat warm, cos although its great during the day, its still a bit chilly when the sun goes down.

Where are you heading exactly?

Jazzys
Hey Jazzys, thanks 4 that mate will bear in mind about customs clearance.
Yeh will bring some warm clothes aswell.
We have booked an appartment for first week in caloundra,then going to head north after that checking out different areas for renting and employment.
One of the areas we want to check out is Hervey Bay.Where are you yourself mate.
Cheers Grant (Rhysleon)
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=pommy;6660380]we fly next week on the 16th heading for the sunshine coast . [/QUOte
Hi there,
where abouts are you heading to?
sklinky
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rhysleon
Hey Jazzys, thanks 4 that mate will bear in mind about customs clearance.
Yeh will bring some warm clothes aswell.
We have booked an appartment for first week in caloundra,then going to head north after that checking out different areas for renting and employment.
One of the areas we want to check out is Hervey Bay.Where are you yourself mate.
Cheers Grant (Rhysleon)
Hi Grant,
what do you do for work?
The warm clothes are a good idea the mornings are a bit chilly but it's nice when the sun comes out!!!
Have a good trip!!
We are in Mooloolaba!!!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

lee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 3 days to new life on the Goldcoast

Hi everyone

We fly out this friday 15th August 08 via Singapore heading for the .
I carnt believe its only days away.
Said our goodbys to all our friend on Friday when our daughter threw us a surprise party, i knew nothing about it at all. It was very emotional i cried most of the nite. lol. She did really well not letting the cat out of the bag, normally she carnt hold water , it was a great nite got really drunk.
All this week i will be trying to fit all our wordily goods into 4 suitcases not happening: D. Better get back to my packing, speak to you all soon.

Ann: thumbsup:
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Originally Posted by snow-white
hi grant & michelle,
just staring to get settled, we have met up and made good friends with other poms who moved to same area same time last year so we all get together often for a few beers and the ozzie barbie at weekends. im not homesick the only thing i miss is not being able to visit my mam and dad like i used to thats hard. but kids are so happy here mind you if you asked my other half theres a few things he misses like the good old english pub and not doing jobs the way he had to do them over 5 years ago lol but he knows we wont go back so guess he is learning to ge on with it
so your heading for sunshine coast soon then
lesley x
Alright mate good to see your back hun just to let everyone know I am one of her best friends as we moved over the same time and set up our relocation business, helping people in the same boat as us last year.
So if you need any help feel free to pm us

What you on about missing English pubs what about the one I found in Mount tambourine thats doing really well!!

Speak soon

Sarah x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to say good luck with everything!! We'll be off to the Sunshine Coast hopefully October, so not too far behind you.

Hope it all goes well and wish you all the best for the future.

Sally
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Originally Posted by pukka pom
Just wanted to say good luck with everything!! We'll be off to the Sunshine Coast hopefully October, so not too far behind you.

Hope it all goes well and wish you all the best for the future.

Sally
Hiya Pukka pom I used to live in Slippers Hill, Hemel Hempstead, loved HH a great place to live.
Good luck with your move

Sarah x
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=DONOVAN;6677892]Hiya Pukka pom I used to live in Slippers Hill, Hemel Hempstead, loved HH a great place to live.
Good luck with your move

Sarah x[/QUOTE

Sarah - I'll PM you!! Sally
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

pommy will become famous soon enoughpommy will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=sklinky;6670548]
Originally Posted by pommy
we fly next week on the 16th heading for the sunshine coast . [/QUOte
Hi there,
where abouts are you heading to?
sklinky
we are staying in kings beach caloundra for 5 weeks while we look around the area for a permenant rental and check out the schools. not sure exactly where we want to settle yet just looking forward to getting out there
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hey good luck with the move, my husband a I along with our two boys (8+2) , are also coming out to Brisbane as Nick has been offered a job there, i know what you mean about the guilty feeling i feel awful at the mo, but you do have to remain focused on why you are doing it and keep thinking of the positives, good luck and keep us posted, eveyone thats on their way out there will have to get together for a Brisbane booze up (and a chat of course)
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:41 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rhysleon
hi lesley, thanks for info.,very helpful, 6 days until we fly out,yippee.
Is that your business (goldcoastrelocations)? If so were you featured in one of Australia and New Zealand magazine editions.The name is familiar.
Grant and Michelle x

well you will be nearly ready to leave good luck with the journey keep in touch
lesley
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=pommy;6678521]
Originally Posted by sklinky

we are staying in kings beach caloundra for 5 weeks while we look around the area for a permenant rental and check out the schools. not sure exactly where we want to settle yet just looking forward to getting out there
Let me know if you need a hand with anything!
I may be able to help you!!!