Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

8 days to new life in brisbane

8 days to new life in brisbane

Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

rhysleon will become famous soon enoughrhysleon will become famous soon enough
Default 8 days to new life in brisbane

Hi all, been a hectic week for myself and wife, it was my last day at work on TuesdayShipping co. here Wed and Thurs (White & Co.)highly recommended,great bunch of guys.One of our twin boys has been unwell all week and been in hospital, been out with friends saying our goodbyes as they are away on their holidays this weekend.
So now shipping is done and our son is on the mend we are feeling less streesed now and really looking forward to our move in 8 days time.The time just goes by so quick in the lead up to going away.
Also alot of mixed emotions going around at the moment,wife and i are feeling guilty around our families for feeling excited around them as they are very low and tearful and we are feeling this is us that are putting them through this.
So we are just thinking of all the positive things and the reasons we are making this move, being positive for us and our boys.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 8 days to new life in brisbane

Good luck to you all, hope the move goes smoothly and Brisbane is everything you hope for.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

pommy will become famous soon enoughpommy will become famous soon enough

we fly next week on the 16th heading for the sunshine coast .
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:33 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rhysleon
Hi all, been a hectic week for myself and wife, it was my last day at work on TuesdayShipping co. here Wed and Thurs (White & Co.)highly recommended,great bunch of guys.One of our twin boys has been unwell all week and been in hospital, been out with friends saying our goodbyes as they are away on their holidays this weekend.
So now shipping is done and our son is on the mend we are feeling less streesed now and really looking forward to our move in 8 days time.The time just goes by so quick in the lead up to going away.
Also alot of mixed emotions going around at the moment,wife and i are feeling guilty around our families for feeling excited around them as they are very low and tearful and we are feeling this is us that are putting them through this.
So we are just thinking of all the positive things and the reasons we are making this move, being positive for us and our boys.
we did the move a year ago with 6 kids in tow never been on a plane in our lives and we moved to gold coast we survived the flight just lol just wanted to say good luck with the move and if you need any info or help when you arrive give me a shout its always nice to have someone to point you in the right direction.
lesley
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

Originally Posted by snow-white
we did the move a year ago with 6 kids in tow never been on a plane in our lives and we moved to gold coast we survived the flight just lol just wanted to say good luck with the move and if you need any info or help when you arrive give me a shout its always nice to have someone to point you in the right direction.
lesley
good luck with it all...and make sure you keep us all updated..

i love reading about how people are getting on!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
good luck with it all...and make sure you keep us all updated..

i love reading about how people are getting on!!
i will try i must admit i remember only a year ago being glued to this site every minute i had totally addicted .
found out loads info made loads friends then since being here havent been back on that much dont have the time.
it has been a long hard haul for us kids settled really quick we on the other hand have had our ups and downs hubbie a plumber and could only get provisional on arriving so work was paying much less than uk this was something we were un prepared for but now finding our feet at last and how the system works to say the least.
and looking forward to our first tax refund very soon yippee xxx
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pommy
we fly next week on the 16th heading for the sunshine coast .
Hi, it is also the 16th we fly out,Glasgow-Dubai, Dubai-Brisbane. We have also just been invited to our first bbq the sat. after we arrive, yipee.Cant wait to be in some nice sunshine.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck & have a safe trip
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:31 am
Just Joined

lesley
hi lesley (snow white), we thought it would be hard travelling with our twin boys, 5 suite cases,2 car seats and twin buggie, but it must have been so much harder for you, thanks for advice and will defo give you a shout if we get stuck with anything.
How do u all feel a year on? Settled or still home sick.
Cheers Grant and Michelle
Old Aug 9th 2008, 2:47 pm
BBQ-KING

BBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the roughBBQ-KING is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,
For us it's 6 days to go before we are off to Birsbane (via Singapore for a few nights) Shippers come to pack one 40ft worth of container the day before we leave - what's the chances of them doing the packing in one day? they assure us they will manage!! Apart from the two weeks at a holiday resort and a hire car, we haven't a clue where to start renting etc...
Where there is a will......
Good luck to all moving to OZ, and would like to be in touch with Brissie newcomers (and others of course) soon....
BBQ-KING
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by rhysleon
hi lesley (snow white), we thought it would be hard travelling with our twin boys, 5 suite cases,2 car seats and twin buggie, but it must have been so much harder for you, thanks for advice and will defo give you a shout if we get stuck with anything.
How do u all feel a year on? Settled or still home sick.
Cheers Grant and Michelle
hi grant & michelle,
just staring to get settled, we have met up and made good friends with other poms who moved to same area same time last year so we all get together often for a few beers and the ozzie barbie at weekends. im not homesick the only thing i miss is not being able to visit my mam and dad like i used to thats hard. but kids are so happy here mind you if you asked my other half theres a few things he misses like the good old english pub and not doing jobs the way he had to do them over 5 years ago lol but he knows we wont go back so guess he is learning to ge on with it
so your heading for sunshine coast soon then
lesley x
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the saying of your goodbyes mate. Its not easy.

I am in brisbane too and i also used whites to ship my stuff.
Just make sure the toe rags at this end don't fleece you. They tried to get me to pay for customs clearance at this end even though i'd been told by whites that it was included in the quote. Just bear it in mind mate thats all.

Good luck and bring summat warm, cos although its great during the day, its still a bit chilly when the sun goes down.

Where are you heading exactly?

Jazzys
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:22 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

A few weeks before i land in Brisbane but luckily i have a wife who has been there a few weeks and been doing up our apartment(nest building),the father-in-law has apparantly done a great job on the painting and carpet laying,cheers pops

Anyway good luck to those waiting to go,esp if your travelling with 6 kids,i will have just enough patience travelling on my own
Old Aug 10th 2008, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
A few weeks before i land in Brisbane but luckily i have a wife who has been there a few weeks and been doing up our apartment(nest building),the father-in-law has apparantly done a great job on the painting and carpet laying,cheers pops

Anyway good luck to those waiting to go,esp if your travelling with 6 kids,i will have just enough patience travelling on my own
lol it was an experience believe me bad enough first time on a plane and we had 27 hours ahead of us but we made i we flew singapore airlines they were really good, best wishes for all arriving soon
lesley

Last edited by snow-white; Aug 10th 2008 at 12:32 am.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

hi grant & michelle,
just staring to get settled, we have met up and made good friends with other poms who moved to same area same time last year so we all get together often for a few beers and the ozzie barbie at weekends. im not homesick the only thing i miss is not being able to visit my mam and dad like i used to thats hard. but kids are so happy here mind you if you asked my other half theres a few things he misses like the good old english pub and not doing jobs the way he had to do them over 5 years ago lol but he knows we wont go back so guess he is learning to ge on with it
so your heading for sunshine coast soon then
lesley x
hi lesley, thanks for info.,very helpful, 6 days until we fly out,yippee.
Is that your business (goldcoastrelocations)? If so were you featured in one of Australia and New Zealand magazine editions.The name is familiar.
Grant and Michelle x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.