British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   3 Years on , back in UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/3-years-back-uk-388453/)

gedge Aug 3rd 2006 11:33 am

Re: 3 Years on , back in UK

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Good morning everyone, lovely day. :)

are you starting?

rossifumi Aug 3rd 2006 11:36 am

Originally Posted by gedge
are you starting?

Well I'm gonna start to mow the lawn in a bit but the thought of it is quite tiring. Are you starting?

iPom Aug 3rd 2006 11:36 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
ROFLMFAO

One can only assume from that remark, that you are, as yet, to 'get to know' many of these flag flying individuals!!!???

Why do you think they fly the flag? Patriotism? Pah - if only!! It is the new uniform of CHAV!!!

In the ten years that you have been away, many things have changed for the worse. Would love to hear your views in another couple of years time after you have had a few encounters with the flag flying fraternity!

:D

I thought I'd mention that the ridiculous British law of not allowing people to hang the British flag from their window has been removed from the statute books. Previously flags could only be flown from a flag pole... The ones hanging from windows was illegal. The Chavs are probably celebrating their new found freedom by hanging them everywhere. ;)

gedge Aug 3rd 2006 11:42 am

Well I'm gonna start to mow the lawn in a bit but the thought of it is quite tiring. Are you starting?

No it's pissing down here.
Nothing like a bit of rain to dampen your spirits.

Clippy Aug 3rd 2006 11:43 am

And make your grass green ;)

rossifumi Aug 3rd 2006 11:45 am

Well I'd offer you outside but if it's raining!

What ever happened to all the peace, love and harmony mate?

gedge Aug 3rd 2006 11:47 am

You're in the wrong forum for that sort of thing mate. Try Canada.

fraser Aug 3rd 2006 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Clippies

Or in my case make your clay mud :rolleyes:

Clippy Aug 3rd 2006 11:47 am

It's changed to Fun, Love and Money

Clippy Aug 3rd 2006 11:48 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Or in my case make your clay mud :rolleyes:

Lol, well yes I can see you wouldn't really welcome the rain in that case :D

gedge Aug 3rd 2006 11:49 am

yes the greenest grass of all :)

Sandra Aug 3rd 2006 11:50 am

Originally Posted by pommie bastard
Just thought I would see if the content of the site had moved on , sadly its not.
Still full of dreamers and near do wells who post newspaper clippings to prove the unlucky country is better than the UK , any one who picks fault with Aussies or OZ beware , no quarter will be given.
Having returned to the UK I cannot say I miss Perth , far from it , I travel more , enjoy seeing family and friends also have managed to gain very well paid employment so life is good .
The press paint a bleak picture of the UK , so I shall give my impressions how the UK has changed in the 10 years while I was in exile .
For a start people are more wealthy in general thanks to low unemployment and high house prices also low interest rates, have never seen so many Mercs , BMW's and top of the range motors on the roads in my life.
Having a holiday home abroad is no longer a dream , its very common , the TV channels have grown beyond number so have the Radio stations .
The Indian immigrates have on the whole become very English in dress and outlook ,most new immigrates from Europe are no different to most of those off to OZ .
The weathers very mild in the Midlands, winters are cool but little if any snow or frosts , summers seem warmer now , spring and autumn are full of colour .
People still have a great sense of humour and being English is more to the fore front , St George flags flying every where.
The media which is still mostly owned by some Aussie/Yank , is sinking to new depths by the day , reflects its owners culture very down market, real news is hard to find.
Well in general I cannot compare a cultured country to one with none , Australia still has to find a place in the world , hopefully it will grow to be the place of dreams but that day is far away , shallow country with no new ideas or direction.

Hi PB

I was on the site before and still am (very sad I know) - it is so funny to see all the bites you are getting - no change there then!

I have been in Aus four years now - firmly stuck on the fence of loving and hating it.

Glad all is well with you

Cheers Sandra

gedge Aug 3rd 2006 11:50 am

It's changed to Fun, Love and Money

if only I had one of those three

rossifumi Aug 3rd 2006 11:54 am

if only I had one of those three

I'll love you long time if the funny money is right. ;)

rossifumi Aug 3rd 2006 11:54 am

yes the greenest grass of all :)

Whose won the competition anyway?