3-6 months blues...

Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:09 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3-6 months blues...

Has hit... big time.. headed out to the Civic and got me some St Johns Wort to get me thru ... been settled here now for about 3 months and all the honeymoon period is worn off and I am feeling blue..

I know it'll get better.. I have relocated a couple of times and so am quite prepared for it.. actually the main thing getting me thru is the fact that I love it here.. but the whole upheaval of it all has hit now..

Have managed to make a pal (son's friends Mom.. she is lovely) and am off to see some BE people in a meetup tomorrow for coffee..

Just hate feeling like this.. its like a bereavement.. its the only way I can describe it.. tears for no reason... OH looking at me as if I have gone starkraving bonkers and need to get a grip.. oh well.. it'll pass no doubt!

Em x
Old Dec 11th 2008, 5:38 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3-6 months blues...

Originally Posted by emelems
Has hit... big time.. headed out to the Civic and got me some St Johns Wort to get me thru ... been settled here now for about 3 months and all the honeymoon period is worn off and I am feeling blue..

I know it'll get better.. I have relocated a couple of times and so am quite prepared for it.. actually the main thing getting me thru is the fact that I love it here.. but the whole upheaval of it all has hit now..

Have managed to make a pal (son's friends Mom.. she is lovely) and am off to see some BE people in a meetup tomorrow for coffee..

Just hate feeling like this.. its like a bereavement.. its the only way I can describe it.. tears for no reason... OH looking at me as if I have gone starkraving bonkers and need to get a grip.. oh well.. it'll pass no doubt!

Em x
It will pass honey just try and get on with life and don't think too deeply about it
keep busy that's the best thing
Old Dec 11th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

It will pass, the fact you love it in Oz is the main thing. I lived here from 1998 to 2001 and loved the place. I came back in 2004 and for the first year really struggled to settle, but now wouldn't consider anywhere else home.

Stick it out, it is a great place.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Em x
Its probably the time of year, nearly Chrstmas, missing people, christmas atmosphere, and to top it off its disgustingly hot and humid.

Plus the horror of 7 weeks school hols is now upon us

I hate this time of year, think a lot of people do, it might just be that.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Plus the horror of 7 weeks school hols is now upon us

Thanks everyone

Yeah.. itll pass.. am off to one of the BE meet ups today so that should be a nice time (coffee and natter!)..

Its like shock really - tho, I do keep in mind PP advice (to other people) about looking forward instead of looking back.. bit hard sometimes, but its pretty good advice!

Em x
Old Dec 11th 2008, 9:30 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Yeah.. itll pass.. am off to one of the BE meet ups today so that should be a nice time (coffee and natter!)..

Its like shock really - tho, I do keep in mind PP advice (to other people) about looking forward instead of looking back.. bit hard sometimes, but its pretty good advice!

Em x
it is hard at times, agree with Jad n Rich very hard around xmas time. Have a good meet hope you find some support and a few laughs
Old Dec 11th 2008, 10:34 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be right honey. Just go do something good for yourself and take it easy.

Old Dec 11th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

It's already been said but this is probably the hardest time of the year. You'll be fine after your coffee and chinwag
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too

I might have to go back to the UK as my nephew is in ITU, I bloody hate December.

At the moment I want to be with my family but I dont want to be in England.

How mixed up am I?
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that entirely Sam. I want to see Matts family all the time, but just don't want to go over there...the time...the expense..same old same old..

To the OP...it ebbs and flows...I don't think it gets easier, I think we just get more used to it.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:21 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Em, I think you're going through the typical phase I got slaughtered once on here for talking about in metaphors but I think it's to be expected.

Apart from the Christmas factor I think you travelled around and have just really settled into your rental? Got your stuff and unpacked? So now most things if not all are sorted and you think, what next?

I saw it so much when I was welcoming new expats to Singapore and I've been through it myself, although thankfully I've never been unhappy.

You just get on with life, albeit in a different location.

Hope you enjoyed your coffee and natter.
xxx
Old Dec 12th 2008, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Had a great time with my natter and tea... thanks for all your support..

Em x
Old Dec 12th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

rossy28 will become famous soon enoughrossy28 will become famous soon enough

Hey

Hope yor feeling a bit better about things now.

My family and i are arriving in Alexandra headland jan 3rd!!
Hope to meet up for a coffee?
You may remember my last post?
Got my visa and went on a vodka bender!!! said id never drink again?? ooops

All the best

Paul
Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, hope the coffee meet up helped. I was lucky enough to meet several other new arrivals here on the coast when we arrived 6 years ago. We still meet regularly and have stayed firm friends. Like others I have moved extensively, I stopped counting after 17 moves!!!!!
You know things are getting better when you bump into someone you know in the Plaza!!!! It's definately home now.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rossy28
Hey

Hope yor feeling a bit better about things now.

My family and i are arriving in Alexandra headland jan 3rd!!
Hope to meet up for a coffee?
You may remember my last post?
Got my visa and went on a vodka bender!!! said id never drink again?? ooops

All the best

Paul
ah yes! twas very funny! lol! Would be great to meet up with you all for a coffee and natter!

Em x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.