Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2005 Australian BE Awards

Wikiposts

2005 Australian BE Awards

Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2005 Australian BE Awards

Originally Posted by possoms
hey and whats happened to podgy possom??
She effectively left some months ago after getting pissed off with the incessant negativity on here at the time.

Ended up becoming a mod on the Adelbrits site. I used to post on there a bit but not for ages now. Last I heard she had given up that due to work committments. Was driving a taxi all hours of the day and night to make ends meet.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:01 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
She effectively left some months ago after getting pissed off with the incessant negativity on here at the time.

Ended up becoming a mod on the Adelbrits site. I used to post on there a bit but not for ages now. Last I heard she had given up that due to work committments. Was driving a taxi all hours of the day and night to make ends meet.

lol - I only asked Grayling this the other day!!!
G said she went to live in sydney.......hope she is well
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:03 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix

cripes I too hope shes well
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:05 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
. Was driving a taxi all hours of the day and night to make ends meet.
her husbnd bill was a senior nurse wasnt he?
hope everything is ok with them - i used to get on quite well with her....
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

She's one of lifes survivors.......but if you see a taxi coming run into the middle of the road for safety
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know she wanted to train as a nurse herself and the prospects for both her and her husband were better in Sydney...so they went.

If anyone has any other information perhaps they could let us know.

G
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:21 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Aw that's not fair I have been really careful to just pick people from the last year, will have to go back to the drawing board if we can pick from the last few years - doesn't that defeat the object of a yearly vote or am I getting too anal about this
Bugger, I thought it was funny......oh well! It had an underlying theme as in there's (for me) no fanciable male poster within the last 12 months (sorry lads ) ....or ever!!!

Irony is a fickle thing....

D D
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:16 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
there's (for me) no fanciable male poster within the last 12 months (sorry lads )
oh nooooooooooooooo! Sir Les will be most upset!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:58 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
As far as I know she wanted to train as a nurse herself and the prospects for both her and her husband were better in Sydney...so they went.

If anyone has any other information perhaps they could let us know.

G
im sure this is true G, she sent me a PM a while back telling me what she was up to. she told me the other name she was using and i cant rmbr now lol
but its someone we all natter to a lot
it will come back to me soon.........oh it just has, but its a secret
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
im sure this is true G, she sent me a PM a while back telling me what she was up to. she told me the other name she was using and i cant rmbr now lol
but its someone we all natter to a lot
it will come back to me soon.........oh it just has, but its a secret
Thanks Soapy...you have confirmed what I understood.

I didn't know she had come back under another name...I shall have to have a careful look in future

If you are reading PP then I hope it is working out well for you.

G
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I didn't know she had come back under another name...I shall have to have a careful look in future

G
Cor just think.
All those expats taking taxis in Sydney and it could be her.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

G
yeh i didnt have a clue it was her using the other name till she told me, then i started to read the typing style, but it was too late to work it out lol
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diddy
Hello,

Last year, Badge, and in 2003 Badge and Hevs decided to host the Australian Expats Awards:

I've regurgitated their threads and here goes for 2005.

Let's have nominations for the following categories, for 2005.

1) Funniest post
2) Funniest poster male
2a) Funniest poster female
3) Most opinionated poster
4) Most positive poster
5) Most pessimistic poster
6) Most intellectual poster
7)"Dark Horse"
8) Most predicatable poster
9) Most fanciable male (flesh or fantasy?)
10) Most fanciable female (flesh or fantasy?)
11) Most informative poster
12) Most pervy poster
13) Biggest anorak
14) Biggest "Aussie"
15) Jammiest 'land on your feet' poster
16) Lifetime Achievement Award (Expats)
17) Most pedantic poster (particular credit will be given to
Oxbridge candidates with a penchant for stats)
18) Nicest poster

The way it worked the last couple of years was that a nomination also counted as a vote. Therefore you can either vote by agreeing with someone else, or nominating someone new. If someone has a new category - pse add.Voting will start on that one too. Keep it clean, not too much flaming or abuse please.

Paul.
I dont remember seeing your list up here......
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I nominate myself as jammiest poster or whatever the title was? Sold house to lady renting across the road, borrowed most of her stuff after our's was shipped. Sale went though smoothly. Got here and bought the type of house we were after within three weeks for a really good price, container arrived, unpacked and everything accounted for and absolutely no damage (sorry Fraser ) and hubby went out this morning for his first interview and came home with a job with pretty good money that should go up after his first month

Am sure everything will go pear shaped now but hey, we've started off pretty well.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can I nominate myself as jammiest poster or whatever the title was? Sold house to lady renting across the road, borrowed most of her stuff after our's was shipped. Sale went though smoothly. Got here and bought the type of house we were after within three weeks for a really good price, container arrived, unpacked and everything accounted for and absolutely no damage (sorry Fraser ) and hubby went out this morning for his first interview and came home with a job with pretty good money that should go up after his first month

Am sure everything will go pear shaped now but hey, we've started off pretty well.

Pen, that is far too good of a story to hide it on this thread. You should post an update and this in a thread of its own.

Glad things are going so well for you guys!! Will have to try and catch up with you when we are up in Brissy in May along with the Daggy's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.