Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

2 Huntsman in 2 days!!!!!!

2 Huntsman in 2 days!!!!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default 2 Huntsman in 2 days!!!!!!

Our house has been 'spider free' for some odd reason....not that I am complaining!!!! However last Friday we had to rise very early (4am!!) in order to catch 'The Prospector Train' to Kalgoorlie. As I was passing the laundry room I saw to my hrror the biggest huntsamn I have ever seen. It was as big as a mans out stretched hand. Bloody Huge!
Sadly we had to kill it. I know they are harmless, and are pretty useful to have in the garden, but we were leaving the 2 boys in bed, and if one of them had got up and seen it they would have freaked..........
The very next day, at Kalgoorlie, there on the wall at the station was another Huntsman..........do they think it was 'haunting' me!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:29 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 Huntsman in 2 days!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Our house has been 'spider free' for some odd reason....not that I am complaining!!!! However last Friday we had to rise very early (4am!!) in order to catch 'The Prospector Train' to Kalgoorlie. As I was passing the laundry room I saw to my hrror the biggest huntsamn I have ever seen. It was as big as a mans out stretched hand. Bloody Huge!
Sadly we had to kill it. I know they are harmless, and are pretty useful to have in the garden, but we were leaving the 2 boys in bed, and if one of them had got up and seen it they would have freaked..........
The very next day, at Kalgoorlie, there on the wall at the station was another Huntsman..........do they think it was 'haunting' me!!!!!!!!
splatting one that size must have meant a clean up operation though! yuk
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wengerboy
splatting one that size must have meant a clean up operation though! yuk

Must admint it did take a couple of wacks with a shoe......not that I could have done it.....would rather have tried to catch it, then let it loose in the garden. Didnt have time for the 'Attenborough' bit though.........would love to know how it got in the house.....it was bloody huge!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 9:37 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Must admint it did take a couple of wacks with a shoe......not that I could have done it.....would rather have tried to catch it, then let it loose in the garden. Didnt have time for the 'Attenborough' bit though.........would love to know how it got in the house.....it was bloody huge!!!
we`ve only seen 2 in nearly 5 months, one crawled out of a car door i was working on at work and the other was living in our car! thankfully the one living in our car appeared while i was at work and the mrs had to attend!