Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Oz National anthem myths bedunked

Oz National anthem myths bedunked

Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz National anthem myths bedunked

Not by me or any other pom, strangly enough for once an Aussie points out the bull associated with the "young and free lucky country".

http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainmen...nd/003343.html

Last edited by eatstatic; Jan 21st 2006 at 10:31 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:46 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz National anthem myths bedunked

Walla - oh Wall-aaaaaaaaaa..................
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Good response to the points raised Still iI would expect no less from certain posters who have a vested interest in keeping the Aussie Bull PR flowing to the starry eyed wannabee poms.

Destination Dreamland Accomadation available to all the deluded, at a (high) price.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Eatstatic, how does it feel to be the most miserable git on the block? Have you ever, just once, broken out of your morbid, dreary & depressing mood & woken up happy to be alive?

Didn't think so!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Eatstatic, how does it feel to be the most miserable git on the block? Have you ever, just once, broken out of your morbid, dreary & depressing mood & woken up happy to be alive?

Didn't think so!
bedunked?

BTW Has anyone ever told you that maybe some of the Aussie anthem is just symbolic? That you don't have to run a coach and horses through it. When they say "young", I'll think you'll find young in spirit, as in a 'young country'. They're hardly talking about the average age.

The French National Anthem is just as bollocks. Free! No they're in the EU for crying out loud. As is the UK one. God Save a Queen. Sounds like most of it couldn't care less.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Good response to the points raised Still iI would expect no less from certain posters who have a vested interest in keeping the Aussie Bull PR flowing to the starry eyed wannabee poms.

Destination Dreamland Accomadation available to all the deluded, at a (high) price.
I bet you had your trousers around your ankles quick smart when you started to feel the pleasure of reading that blog.... Hmmm they are probably still there seeing as your getting the response you want..

Enjoy yourself.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:17 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

you rang?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:18 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Not by me or any other pom, strangly enough for once an Aussie points out the bull associated with the "young and free lucky country".

is that you Kong me old mucka?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:20 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I bet you had your trousers around your ankles quick smart when you started to feel the pleasure of reading that blog.... Hmmm they are probably still there seeing as your getting the response you want..

Enjoy yourself.
Karma for that one!!!! LOL

Originally Posted by walla1
you rang?
Have fun .
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:33 am
Keeping it fairly real

Karma for that one!!!! LOL

Have fun .
I'm going to the beach

suppose I'll have fun there too.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to the beach

suppose I'll have fun there too.

Beware plenty of white pointers in this weather.

Hmmm now that's a reason to really go to the beach.

Maybe the National anthem would be better with the changed line of....

Australias All let us Rejoice
For they are Pert and free...
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:44 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Beware plenty of white pointers in this weather.

Hmmm now that's a reason to really go to the beach.

Maybe the National anthem would be better with the changed line of....

Australias All let us Rejoice
For they are Pert and free...
will the sharks attack me if I sing the national anthem do you think?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:47 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hey static ... long time mate ... thanks so much for sending me that photo of yourself - hope you get it sorted soon...

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:14 am
ABCDiamond

And the Authors own reply, on the same page:
David Dale replies: Alright, I have taken on board the comments below. See Tuesday's Tribal Mind column for the balancing view -- plenty of good reasons to be proud of Australians (our sense of humour about ourselves, especially).
Brought a smile to my face today and Karma all round (I thinkm well... almost )

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

will the sharks attack me if I sing the national anthem do you think?

Nope but there's a strong chance you may get arrested, especially if you going to any southern Sydney beaches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.