Yoga/pilates classes

Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

njayuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Yoga/pilates classes

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker and first time poster and haven't really had the courage to post anything a) interesting b) of any use to anyone asking questions!

Anyway, I first joined the forum when I was living in the UK but last October made the move to Bim for a new job which is a dream come true. I've been coming here since I was 7 years old and have always wanted to return to live and raise a family here. My Mum's Bajan and came back as a Returning National a few years ago. Obviously, I've now found there's a BIG difference between coming for summer holidays to spend time with the family and living and working here! Before moving here I lived in Haiti (for work) and I spent a lot of time with other expats and so indulged in Yoga/pilates/tennis after work. Does anyone know where I can do those activities...on a rather limited budget?

I live in Black Rock and don't have a car at the moment but I work in Warrens so immediate travel after work from there wouldn't be a problem for me.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks! x
Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:33 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yoga/pilates classes

Welcome Njay dont go back to being a lurka lol.. hope ya get ya info soon
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

DPS03 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a place near Warrens which does yoga most days, I think it's called Yamuna. A friend has recommended it. I attend one on the south coast but that may be a bit far for you. There are plenty of other classes, google may be your best bet.

I also play a spot of tennis and am currently attending a men's tennis clinic with a company called Advantage Tennis Services. They are very good but I am unsure if they run a female clinic, there was possibly talk of it. Their website is

http://www.advantagetennisservices.com/index.php

The group sessions are good fun and not too badly priced.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 1:22 am
Just Joined

marmiteontoast is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome! check this website out - Christie does excellent yoga classes (and works you hard!)

http://www.somuchkula.com/
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

njayuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi both, just wanted to say thank you very much for your Serendipidy welcome and suggestions. I'll deffo check out the place you suggested DPSO3