Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Applying for Citizenship through Marriage with 16 year old dependant.

Applying for Citizenship through Marriage with 16 year old dependant.

Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Weeladyred is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Applying for Citizenship through Marriage with 16 year old dependant.

Hi there, i've been reading some threads about applying for citizenship so I have an idea that it wont be an easy process but wondered if anyone could advise about citizenship for teenage children. Im getting married in Barbados in December 2012 to my Bajan fiance. Initially we decided that he would move to London UK where I live but for various reasons we've decided it would be better if I moved to BIM. I realise that I can apply for citizenship through marriage but what I don't know is whether my 16 year old son will be able to apply with me as a dependant (he is from a previous relationship). The other factor is that my son is not actually at school anymore and is at college which he should be finished with approximately 6 months after we get married so will hopefully coming to join us then. By then he will be 17 so will this affect him coming as a dependant. Really I have no idea of what to expect as I haven't seen anything on these threads about dependent children over the age of 16. On what kind of grounds can my son join us and does he have to be in education? Any advice would be very much appreciated.