Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Who is due out here soon...?

Who is due out here soon...?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who is due out here soon...?

Hi Alex,

Sounds great, we will soon have a large gang of mums and children!

I will PM you with my cell number here, so give me a call when you arrive and we'll arrange something...

Fabulous!

Sue x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Alext is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry totally mucked up the PM thing.... got lost somewhere.

have some advice to ask... where is good to buy beds etc? I arrive on the 23rd October a full week before the rest of my clan arrive, so that I can quickly buy some furniture.

any suggestions?

Alex x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

mizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alext
Sorry totally mucked up the PM thing.... got lost somewhere.

have some advice to ask... where is good to buy beds etc? I arrive on the 23rd October a full week before the rest of my clan arrive, so that I can quickly buy some furniture.

any suggestions?

Alex x
re beds etc. courts/cave sheppard/designer decor/workbench/walkers world/best of barbados. web site posted on previous threads. dependent on your budget and availabilty. i hope a week is long enough for you to get sorted before family arrive - good luck!!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Hi there....

Am too excited, only 1 month to go until I arrive in Barbados, starting a fresh chapter in my life......

I am going to send over a conatiner filled with personal effects, toys, photos etc..... nothing of any financial value and was wondering how long it will take to get through customs?.

See you all soon

Alex x
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Alex,

I sent a container in June, all personal things, toys, books, clothes... The shipping copmany said it would be here by 27th July, it did not arrive until mid August then it sat in the docks for about 3 weeks after that...

So if you are told a month, possibly expect it to be more like 2.

Looking forward to meeting up when you get here...

Sue x
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Do you remember which company you used. I am using West Indian Freight...they told me 10 days sailing and 3 days to clear customs.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Alex,

Where are you shipping from, I shipped from UK with 1st Move International.

There were a few problems along the way, the goods did not go on the ship they originally told me or with the shipping agent they had told me so when I tried to track my goods I was told they never had them. I then had to chase 1st Move to find the corect shipping agent etc.

I think ideally it should take 3 days to clear customs, and maybe sometimes that is the case, I know my goods sat in a container for 3 weeks until it was unpacked and checked. One that had happened I got my them relativley quickly, it was just the container was left closed for those weeks.

Just keep chasing them! Good luck, it may well be a smoother ride for you...

S x
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for th insight.

Alex x
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

GerrySports is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 13579
Hello everyone ,

Have arrived two weeks ago and busy settling in; but moved into new house which is great. Only problem is the mosquitos attacking right, left and centre.

Hope to see you all soon.
Hi try baby oil with aloe (sold in local chemists) can also be mixed with lavender oil.

Meriel
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

jondent is an unknown quantity at this point

Due out on the 21st for a week !

Stying near Foul Bay and over to check on the progress of our house build !

With a bit of luck next time were over it will be in our own house

Jeez it's cold in the UK .. I'm looking forward to some warmth
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shines
Hi Alex,

Where are you shipping from, I shipped from UK with 1st Move International.

There were a few problems along the way, the goods did not go on the ship they originally told me or with the shipping agent they had told me so when I tried to track my goods I was told they never had them. I then had to chase 1st Move to find the corect shipping agent etc.

I think ideally it should take 3 days to clear customs, and maybe sometimes that is the case, I know my goods sat in a container for 3 weeks until it was unpacked and checked. One that had happened I got my them relativley quickly, it was just the container was left closed for those weeks.

Just keep chasing them! Good luck, it may well be a smoother ride for you...

S x
Hiya

Well it appears time has flown by, and I fly out to Barbados on Tuesday (Hurrah!!!)

Everything is set..... hopefully my freight stuff will clear customs quickly and everything will be perfect!.

My first week will be spent frantically shopping for beds etc..... and then my husband will be out with the kids.....

Anyway.... looking forward to meeting you all.....

Alex x
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

I will be at the port tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes with our things...I was down there on Friday but once I submitted the bill of lading it turned out that our things were in another shed and could not be brought to the correct shed due to the rainfall! So frustrating!!!

Have a safe flight!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Hi there,

I know its been an age since I dropped by the site, but I have at last managed to get my fast broadband service from Cable and Wireless - Hurrah!!!!

Got here about a month ago, and all sorts of unexpected problems occured. Wont bother boring you with the details now.

I am so very happy to be on the island, the kids have taken to it like little ducks to water.

Am settling in nicely, but havent had a moments break, what with kids, house etc... and now we are fast approaching the silly season, where there seems to be a different event going on for Christmas everyday. That said I would love to at some stage hook up with you all.

Alex x
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

sassy1112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shines
Hi there,

My little girl, Bella, is just 3. RS has 2 girls, aged 2 and 4.

I am due another baby in 2 months time too!

I live in the North in St Lucy but happy to travel about, RS lives nearer to you.

I'll send you a PM with my cell number, call and we can arrange to meet up!

Sue
Hi Shines,
You've certainly got your hands full with your bundles of joy lol, im currently living in England running a childcare agency but (fingers crossed) everything goes to plan will be moving to barbados in November to manage a creche. How do you find childcare in barbados, are babysitters/nannies used or is it more day nurseries. Im going to be working within a hotel so supplying childcare for short term stay. I'd love to expand my business and provide childcare in barbados as well after my contract expires - what are your thoughts ?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI there,

I certainly do have my hands full, especially as my now 9 month old has decided it is time to start walking!

There are 3 camps I would say... (well probably more than that but the main ones are..)

1. Leaving the baby/toddler with grandparents

2. The local ladies who work who put their children into day care. The day care is usually quite cheap but also (from what I hear) very basic with baby's being in cots and toddlers in playpens most of the day.

3. the ex pats who have maids/nannies who come in each day and help with childcare.

The preschools start from about 2 - 2 1/2yrs of age here but I am sure there is definite need for better day care of a UK standard for younger children. My eldest went to daycare in the UK from age 1 and I thought it was great for her, would like to do something similar with my youngest, even if only for a day a week, especially for socialization skills etc

HTH

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.