Where to find jobs in Bim

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

shazm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to find jobs in Bim

Hi tng1

Thanks for your post.

Yes I've heard of Marcus Evans. In fact I applied for a position with them and was feeling optimistic until I started hearing horror stories about the organization. I do get the impression from their adverts that there is a very high staff turnover. Ive been well and truly advised to steer clear of them.

Do you know of any other job websites/employment agencies?

Finally, I do have citizenship.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:10 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Re Marcus Evans, What I've understood about them is several things.
1. depending on the job that you are doing, you may end up spending weeks away from home, like 5 or 6 at a time, and then have to do this a couple of times a year.

2. It's not for the faint of heart.. it requires lots of concentrated work, and honestly, having lived here for as long as I have, there are some bajans who think they can do this kind of work, when really they can't. I've worked in a similar, less stressful type of company, here in Barbados, doing inbound incentive work. it's planning, production etc of local events for people coming this way. Marcus Evans is planning and production of summits and events mainly in the US.. again, not for the faint of heart or someone who doesn't want to commit 24hours a day (it seems) to the business.

Re CaribbeanJobs.com .. they don't have a lot of jobs posted for Barbados.. Just an FYI.. there is a Market Research job posted right now..

to me, job websites and employment agencies in Barbados are few and far between.

maybe we should get together and start one...?!!?!?!?!?

Last edited by Sunniebgi; Mar 22nd 2009 at 10:17 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

shazm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm, Barbados - sun sea beach PLUS Marcus Evans - work 24hrs flat out. Perhaps, I should stay in London even without the good all year round weather and beautiful beaches .

But seriously, if I was a bit younger I think I'd be up for that kind of challenge but I realize that my priorities are changing now and I'm desparately trying to get that life/work balance thing right.

There does seem to be a need for more agencies/job websites - that actually have jobs posted on them!!! I just don't see a lot of jobs in the newspapers either or maybe it's just the positions I'm looking for. It must be throigh word of mouth how people are getting jobs in general??!!