Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

What Magazines Do You Read?

What Magazines Do You Read?

Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

brionyj is on a distinguished road
Smile What Magazines Do You Read?

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has found any good UK magazines about moving abroad? I looked online without much luck.

Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:16 pm
Banned

Jack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura aboutJack Bowman has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What Magazines Do You Read?

Originally Posted by brionyj
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has found any good UK magazines about moving abroad? I looked online without much luck.

It's good to read "The Economist" and the "New York Review of Books". I receive them only a few days late in Barbados, after their publication in the UK and the US.

Of course, if your taste runs more to advice columns, the state of Brad and Angelina's marriage, knitting patterns or slimming guides, I am the last person in the world with answers. Perhaps other posters will have answers in that regard.

But I must say that, as regards slimming guides, I think I've found the solution. A one-page book, retailing at 20 US dollars a pop. The one page has a single sentence. It says this:

Eat less food and take more exercise.

All best wishes to you for 2008.

JB
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Shell007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brionyj
Hi,

Hi Briony,

Did you mean magazines to give you advice on emigrating rather than what magazines are available when you are living in Barbados?

If so, take a look at these links to magazines all about moving abroad:-

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/news_detail-68.htm
http://www.livingabroadmagazine.com/

Hope it helps! I was considering a move to New Zealand and was reading a magazine published every couple of months called Australia and New Zealand (catchy title, huh?!!). I haven't seen one specifically on moving to the carribean though.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

brionyj is on a distinguished road

Hi Shell007

Thanks for the help - yes I was actually interested in magazines that covered moves overseas rather than fashion mags etc!

Living Abroad looks good so I'll have a browse,

Thanks again