Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Tips on finding accommodation in barbados

Tips on finding accommodation in barbados

Old Sep 7th 2023, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Disorganisedchaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tips on finding accommodation in barbados

Can anyone help direct me where is best to look for accommodation in barbados? we are coming as a family with a child on the welcome visa so want to make sure we are in a safer area and avoiding too much noise etc. Is it better to rent with an agency or is direct fine? Any advice on areas?

Anyone with any advice is greatly appreciated, TIA
Old Sep 13th 2023, 12:28 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips on finding accommodation in barbados

HI.. Sorry for not responding sooner. If it were me, I think, for being here for a year, or possibly more, I'd suggest going through an agency who could possibly/probably assist with things regarding the accommodation while you are here.. (meaning things like .. the yard , the house if anything needs attending to and the list goes on.. How old is your child?? and will they be in School?? this may, or may not, make a difference in the area.. MOST of Barbados isn't going to be noisy in the sense of a big city noise. but it all depends on if you want to be closer to a certain area, or away from it. Barbados is safer than most islands, city's, towns I've lived in . . I live in the middle of the island and have for about 25 years. Drive time to "where I frequent can be anywhere from 10 min to 1/2 hour. driving north takes me about 40 minutes.. but that's on the rare occasion that we head all the way up northing (Speightstown/Animal Flower Cave etc).

I hope this helps.. I'll keep watch on the post to see check for more questoins..