Tax law

Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Nas246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax law

Hello

I'm looking to move to Barbados in 2022 and what to find as a overseas citizen of Barbados, what are the laws on buying property.
My friend told me that I would have to 70% deposit on a house because I have never paid taxes in Barbados. I want to know if this is
accurate or not.
Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:46 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax law

I think you are asking - can a non citizen buy property and what taxes would you have to pay. You didn’t ask whether having bought it could you live there but I believe you would be a tourist still so assuming you were allowed to buy it would be for a few months at most.

Im sure a Bajan will be along...
Old Jan 31st 2021, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Nas246 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
I think you are asking - can a non citizen buy property and what taxes would you have to pay. You didn’t ask whether having bought it could you live there but I believe you would be a tourist still so assuming you were allowed to buy it would be for a few months at most.

Im sure a Bajan will be along...
I am a citizen of Barbados via descent but I live in England
Old Jan 31st 2021, 8:02 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a citizen then you will pay what any other citizen has to pay. Engage a lawyer and get details.