Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Silly Season in Barbados - Let the Games Begin!!

Silly Season in Barbados - Let the Games Begin!!

Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:59 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Silly Season in Barbados - Let the Games Begin!!

I wrote this on TripAdvisor and thought I'd just cut and paste it here.. for this site, it's mostly for those New Barbados Residents.. .. enjoy!!

This is just simply to advise any visitors who may be coming to the island between now and the 22 February, we have entered our Silly Season. The current Government has just called for new elections to take place on Thursday, February 21st, 2013.

Now I try not to get involved in politics and this isn't going to become one of those threads.. just wanted to let our visitors know that all is well.. but you may encounter more political pontificating and proselytizing (good Bajan Words, which have nothing to do with their original meanings based in religion)

You may also find that conditions on the roads might improve, or certain services might actually get better between now and then..

And on the 21st of February, there will be no alcohol sales happening.. anywhere.. from the time the polls open until they close (so stock up early). and depending on who wins.. there may be a public holiday on the 22nd of February (your local DE's will keep you posted).

Regardless of what happens, come and enjoy Barbados!!!.. and let the games begin!!!