Running Club

Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Running Club

Hi all,

some people have expressed interest in a running group, and I volunteered to organize. I'd like to determine the level of interest, to see if it's worthwhile organizing. Here's what I'm thinking:

- ALL LEVELS WELCOME! You don't need to be a marathon runner - I'm not!
- Once a week, say Saturday mornings, and you come when you can (I'm not taking attendance )
- Meet at the Garrison (people can run/walk at their own speed without losing the group, and kids in strollers can be accommodated)
- Start around 7am to beat the heat
- run/walk/jog for anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes
- enjoy the encouragement of friends
- reward ourselves with a nice coffee or tea afterward!

If you're interested, please reply or feel free to PM me, and please let me know if you have other suggestions or questions. I'm still pretty new here Don't worry if you are a new runner or slow or whatever - I'm myself a new runner, and currently still waiting for an injured foot to heal

It would be fun to get a group together! If there's enough interest, I will set a start date. So get your sneaks outta the closet and dust 'em off, and come on out!

Foxy
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:10 am
Just Joined

damianpike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Running Club

Hi,

Check out the Barbados Hash House Harriers www.barbadoshash.com

They meet every saturday , bank holidays ( and there is an off shoot that runs every full moon) .

They are geared to meet everyone`s needs : some are marathon runners, some are walkers. mix of ages, nationalities etc -good people

They set a run in a different part of the island every week -so i`ve probably seen more of barbados than my bajan co-workers ! THey also are involved with overseas hashing - Dominica , tabago ....

It`s friendly, family focused .... as i say, good people
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Running Club

Hi Damianpike,

Thanks for the reminder I knew about the Hash and it sounds great.

Foxy