Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Offshore Buisness - how to reclaim VAT?

Offshore Buisness - how to reclaim VAT?

Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Alext is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Offshore Buisness - how to reclaim VAT?

I set up an offshore buisness over here in Barbados. I am entitled to reclaim back my VAT on all business items purchased.

Has anyone done this directly, if so can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:29 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offshore Buisness - how to reclaim VAT?

get thee to the VAT office. This should have been something you would have discussed in setting up that business.. sorry for the harsh words, but you need to talk directly to the VAT office people about all this.

by the way.. it takes forever to reclaim the VAT.. so good luck.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Alext is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Offshore Buisness - how to reclaim VAT?

I know you are right..... I used a very expensive and well known accountant to set up the buisness and to handle my affairs. However in the bid to cut down costs, I thought that I could sort this out myself.

Have had a very nice and long winded conversation with the VAT office and the ball is now rolling.