Moooooooooo!

Old May 26th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moooooooooo!

Where did the cow's go?

Ok more like "what happened at the dairy...who didn't turn up for work?"

You remember how different things are when you get to the store...the gas station and other convenience stores and there's no milk to be had anywhere! Apprently the machine at the dairy is down!

I remember last year it was the 2% machine that was down....but this time both the 2% and full fat machine!

You guy's in the north of the Island got any milk in the stores?
Old May 26th 2008, 9:14 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moooooooooo!

oh that's interesting.. maybe that's why the hubby came home with 2 one liter cartoons of milk yesterday.. not a good thing.. it's usually in Oct and Nov when the milk is not around.. not May..
Old May 27th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Wow! is there really a shortage of milk at certain times? What do you do when milk isn't available? Go without?

...mild panic sets into the heart of this milk addict...

Just kidding - but seriously, would love to know more on this topic.

Foxy
Old May 27th 2008, 3:18 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

over the years there seems to be a shortage of milk at certain times. This past year the excuse was older cows, less milk production etc. You will find that the dairy produces lots of other types of "milk". Vanilla, tuttifruiti, peanut punch, strawberry and of course chocolate. which, by the way, doesn't contain much whole milk at all (if any). major uproar this past year,and the dairy important younger cows to "beef" up the herd.

I have to admit that my husbands cousin is the GM at PineHill. I try very hard not to argue with him. The marketing guy tells me that their records for Oct/Nov show a dip in whole and 2% milk and so they produce more of the other stuff and no or hardly any whole and 2%.. I tell him, it's because you don't produce it, not because we don't purchase it..

Anyway. the PineHill UHT Milk is pretty good.. get the 2pct it actually tastes ok.. Bico has also started bringing in "Milk" from Trinidad, but it's powdered reconstituted milk.. (not sure if they are still bringing it actually).

search for milk Or Pinehill dairy at www.nationnews.com and see all the stories listed.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

zanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to allzanne is a name known to all

We are using the UHT for tea etc., and giving the real stuff to my son. We also keep a 1/2 gallon frozen but that doesn't take you too far. I find that if there is something that you like, have 3 or 4 on hand, this goes for : oatmeal, peanuts, honey. Last December there was no oatmeal in sight!
Old May 27th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

Everyone - thank you for this info! It's the details that surprise you when coming to a new country. So, now I'm more prepared.

Just over a month til I arrive!

Foxy
Old May 27th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shines will become famous soon enoughshines will become famous soon enough

You guy's in the north of the Island got any milk in the stores?[/QUOTE]

Jordan's in Speightstown had some yesterday....

Mooooooooo right back at you!

S
Old May 27th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Moooooooooo!

What?

No mooooooo juice!

Don't think my cornflake will taste the same with banks on them.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Now you know they'd NEVER run out of BANKS!!!!!
Old May 27th 2008, 6:15 pm
Saturday Surfer

Netsirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zanne
We are using the UHT for tea etc., and giving the real stuff to my son. We also keep a 1/2 gallon frozen but that doesn't take you too far. I find that if there is something that you like, have 3 or 4 on hand, this goes for : oatmeal, peanuts, honey. Last December there was no oatmeal in sight!
No OATMEAL!? !!!!

*Runs to the store, fills taxi with oatmeal, runs back*

Ok, no problem.

I haven't found "natural" peanut butter yet or a good source for walnuts, almonds... anyone?
Old May 27th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

tulipknife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Moooooooooo!

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm porridge!
Old May 27th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Netsirk
No OATMEAL!? !!!!

*Runs to the store, fills taxi with oatmeal, runs back*

Ok, no problem.

I haven't found "natural" peanut butter yet or a good source for walnuts, almonds... anyone?
Pricesmart for almonds/walnuts, large bags and no salt..all natural.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:44 pm

I don't think your going to find "natural" peanut butter. There is a health food store (I guess that's what it is) at Sheraton Mall. Just off the food court going towards the parking lot (across from KFC). try there for the peanut butter.. but I'm doubting..

I agree with Pricesmart on the nuts. .just bit the bullet on the price.. you likely will not find them cheaper anywhere else.. I don't, however, buy the pecans as I find them way to expensive and I usually get them in the US when I go, or have someone bring them in..