Flight from Heathrow

Old May 28th 2008, 7:16 am
Just Joined

sgaur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight from Heathrow

Hi, does any one got any idea about any flight from Heathrow to Bridgetown.
Cheers
Old May 28th 2008, 9:00 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight from Heathrow

Hi Sgaur

To my knowledge the only flights are from Manchester and Gatwick. There were flights late last year early this year from Heathrow via Virgin but only because Virgin had acquired some temporary slots there.

It is my understanding that Xcell, Virgin and BA (probably BMI) all fly to Barbados. I can recommend Newmont Travel www.newmont.co.uk if you are travelling for a short period as they buy up loads of seats from all companies and resell - however it is cheaper to go direct with the company if you want flexible dates as the charges for change to the ticket are really high with newmont.

We are coming up to a really expensive time to fly to Barbados (July and Aug) because of Crop over but flights up until 1st week in July are still ok. I myself use my Virgin Airmiles and get a good deal with them - ask friends if they have some for you.

We can discuss more on my msn address I previously provided if you want other info

Serendipidy
Old May 28th 2008, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

sgaur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
Hi Sgaur

To my knowledge the only flights are from Manchester and Gatwick. There were flights late last year early this year from Heathrow via Virgin but only because Virgin had acquired some temporary slots there.

It is my understanding that Xcell, Virgin and BA (probably BMI) all fly to Barbados. I can recommend Newmont Travel www.newmont.co.uk if you are travelling for a short period as they buy up loads of seats from all companies and resell - however it is cheaper to go direct with the company if you want flexible dates as the charges for change to the ticket are really high with newmont.

We are coming up to a really expensive time to fly to Barbados (July and Aug) because of Crop over but flights up until 1st week in July are still ok. I myself use my Virgin Airmiles and get a good deal with them - ask friends if they have some for you.

We can discuss more on my msn address I previously provided if you want other info

Serendipidy
thanks Serendipidy
Any other info be highly appreciated.
In fact i be traveling from India (Have an Indian Passport), so i want to reduce the trouble of getting a transit visa of The UK.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sgaur
thanks Serendipidy
In fact i be traveling from India (Have an Indian Passport), so i want to reduce the trouble of getting a transit visa of The UK.
Depending on where you are flying from in India...you should be able to fly Virgin from Delhi or Mumbai to london then Virgin to Barbados. Granted this would still need a transit.....but may make things easier keeping with one airline...
plus they usually have some good sale fares out too.
Old May 28th 2008, 1:57 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sgaur
thanks Serendipidy
as Serendipity said the flights to Bridgetown come only out of Gatwick apart from the winter season (Dec to March) when Virgin flies out of Heathrow using the temporary Air Jamaica landing slots.

As an Indian traveller you will fly into Heathrow with all the airlines and then have to shuttle across to Gatwick to catch the Barbados flight OR fly direct from India into Manchester and catch the Barbados flight from Manchester.

Either way you will need a transit visa through the UK - I dont think you can escape that fact at all.