British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Barbados (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/)
-   -   Flight from Heathrow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbados-109/flight-heathrow-539399/)

sgaur May 28th 2008 7:16 am

Flight from Heathrow

Hi, does any one got any idea about any flight from Heathrow to Bridgetown.
Cheers

Serendipidy May 28th 2008 9:00 am

Re: Flight from Heathrow

Hi Sgaur

To my knowledge the only flights are from Manchester and Gatwick. There were flights late last year early this year from Heathrow via Virgin but only because Virgin had acquired some temporary slots there.

It is my understanding that Xcell, Virgin and BA (probably BMI) all fly to Barbados. I can recommend Newmont Travel www.newmont.co.uk if you are travelling for a short period as they buy up loads of seats from all companies and resell - however it is cheaper to go direct with the company if you want flexible dates as the charges for change to the ticket are really high with newmont.

We are coming up to a really expensive time to fly to Barbados (July and Aug) because of Crop over but flights up until 1st week in July are still ok. I myself use my Virgin Airmiles and get a good deal with them - ask friends if they have some for you.

We can discuss more on my msn address I previously provided if you want other info

Serendipidy

sgaur May 28th 2008 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Serendipidy (Post 6403353)
Hi Sgaur

To my knowledge the only flights are from Manchester and Gatwick. There were flights late last year early this year from Heathrow via Virgin but only because Virgin had acquired some temporary slots there.

It is my understanding that Xcell, Virgin and BA (probably BMI) all fly to Barbados. I can recommend Newmont Travel www.newmont.co.uk if you are travelling for a short period as they buy up loads of seats from all companies and resell - however it is cheaper to go direct with the company if you want flexible dates as the charges for change to the ticket are really high with newmont.

We are coming up to a really expensive time to fly to Barbados (July and Aug) because of Crop over but flights up until 1st week in July are still ok. I myself use my Virgin Airmiles and get a good deal with them - ask friends if they have some for you.

We can discuss more on my msn address I previously provided if you want other info

Serendipidy

thanks Serendipidy
Any other info be highly appreciated.
In fact i be traveling from India (Have an Indian Passport), so i want to reduce the trouble of getting a transit visa of The UK.

Rumswizz May 28th 2008 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by sgaur (Post 6404171)
thanks Serendipidy
In fact i be traveling from India (Have an Indian Passport), so i want to reduce the trouble of getting a transit visa of The UK.

Depending on where you are flying from in India...you should be able to fly Virgin from Delhi or Mumbai to london then Virgin to Barbados. Granted this would still need a transit.....but may make things easier keeping with one airline...
plus they usually have some good sale fares out too.

username 34 May 28th 2008 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by sgaur (Post 6404171)
thanks Serendipidy

as Serendipity said the flights to Bridgetown come only out of Gatwick apart from the winter season (Dec to March) when Virgin flies out of Heathrow using the temporary Air Jamaica landing slots.

As an Indian traveller you will fly into Heathrow with all the airlines and then have to shuttle across to Gatwick to catch the Barbados flight OR fly direct from India into Manchester and catch the Barbados flight from Manchester.

Either way you will need a transit visa through the UK - I dont think you can escape that fact at all.