ID Card

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

vikki85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ID Card

Can anyone tell me where I need to go to get an ID card? Is it the same building as NIS cards near the embassy?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:30 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ID Card

you go to the NIS building opposite the Fairchild Bus Terminal in Bridgetown. ground floor. (unless I'm completely out of date).. This is where I renewed mine and applied and received my childrens cards a few years ago

you just need to make sure you have all the needed documents and photo's before you go.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

flower26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do id cards need to be renewed? I didn't realise there was an expiry date on them.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:21 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on why you were issued the ID card ie a 3 year work permit will expire after the 3 years. Dont know if residential ones run out but i guess they might do as i deffo look different now than when i was in my 20s - lot better looking now yadda yadda yadda lol
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:33 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

ok.. well my husband had his for like 30 years with his "16" year old self on it.. so.. he had to get a new one. The one I got in 1992, when I first moved here, was tattered, so I got a new one.. I think Renewed was the wrong word. Re-done would have been better.. but having said that.. I guess if you only have a work permit for so many years, I would guess, as Dipity has said, the card would/should have an expire date on it.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sunnie and Dipidy, that makes sense. Phew, no more newer "older" photographs for me then . I hope you're both doing well.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, I have since found out that every Tuesday evening, Roland Edwards school in St Peter does the applications too. I just go there with my paperwork, my photo is taken there and then and then pick it up the following week. Saves a trip into town which is good for me. I am going on Tuesday - will let you know how I get on as this will be handy for all of us that live 'up north'.

I understand that my ID card is only valid for the length of my 'status'.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:32 am
Just Joined

That's handy - it would be nice to know if they dealt with any other transactions at Roland Edwards School! All this talk about ID cards made me check mine last night and there was no expiry date on it.

Last edited by flower26; Feb 4th 2011 at 9:35 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

I got my ID card back yesterday. The man that took the photo dropped it into my work on his way to Roland Edwards yesterday. I have an expiry date on mine as the same day my reside and work expires.

Easy peesie..............
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:51 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting Vicky work and reside permits expire??? i would have thought they would be indefinite until your interview - how long are they giving before expiry?
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mine is 3 years, I assume all are the same.