Getting a job in Barbados

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Socababe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting a job in Barbados

Hi Belinda,

I'm sure you will do fine - if you're interviewing with Stephanie at Virgo - don't worry - she speaks fluent German .
We are good friends and used to work together in the tourism industry so let me know how it goes. Ich druecke Dir die Daumen!
Such a shame we will miss each other - but let's stay in touch, I go out there whenever I can so am sure we will have the opportunity to get together at the Carib ;-) at a later stage ;-)
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Socababe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bajanboy
Socababe:

Well, the world is so small. Do I know Eva from Bilbao??

Not sure if that question was meant for me, but I would think I know her.

I was married to her.

Heidi, its John, Eva's X. How the hell are you?
Hi John,

Gosh - it is definitely a small world! I can't believe this - I found this site completely by chance and recognised your name in one of the replies to Belinda. Well, I'm coming out to Barbados tomorrow for a short break so will maybe see you there. This is really unbelievable! Eva is still in touch with me and keeps inviting me to Bilbao but I always seem to get to Barbados but not to Spain ;-)
Heidi
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Belinda1974 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Socababe
Hi Belinda,

I'm sure you will do fine - if you're interviewing with Stephanie at Virgo - don't worry - she speaks fluent German .
We are good friends and used to work together in the tourism industry so let me know how it goes. Ich druecke Dir die Daumen!
Such a shame we will miss each other - but let's stay in touch, I go out there whenever I can so am sure we will have the opportunity to get together at the Carib ;-) at a later stage ;-)
Hi,

I just sent you a private message regarding Virgo
Wow so you leave tomorrow, you lucky one!! I wish you a great journey, kiss and greet de island from me Really sad that we can´t meet this time, but I hope so in the near future!

See you soon and take care !!
Belinda
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice

Belinda:

Judging from the quality of what you write here in these posts, you do not need to worry about your English as it is (gramatically) better than many Bajans. Looking forward to meeting you on your upcoming trip and good luck with your interviews.

John

PS Heidi, I am sure that I will run into at the Carib you during your trip
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

mizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Belinda1974
Good mornin´

Oh just for a week..hmm.. so you will leave on 29th?? I will be there from July 7th til 28th with a one week interruption (trip to The Grenadines). How sad that you won´t there while I will be....but I hope we will be able to go for a drink later on???
Well I will have appointments with 4 of the (so said) most renowned advertising agencies there, and I am little bit nervous about because I never had interviews in English before......but I am trusting myself and am very optimistic! I started researching for a way to move there somewhen last year, and within the last 2 months all was getting so fast, this was so exciting. Now I am 99% sure that all will work out for us, it just depends on the interviews, but I think it will be positive. I will go to Barbados with my 2 best friends, and my husband will follow us with my daughter for the last week - hopefully, if he will be able to get a lastminute flight.

How are your future plans for travelling there, maybe in January? If everything goes like we are planning we will be there at least at the middle of December, or at best, in August or September.
hi belinda
from above see that our trips will cross if you are not there in august. i visit island regulary so hopefully will meet one time. ............
mizzy
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Socababe:

Well, the world is so small. Do I know Eva from Bilbao??

Not sure if that question was meant for me, but I would think I know her.

I was married to her.

Heidi, its John, Eva's X. How the hell are you?
This made me smile today
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really niceBajanboy is just really nice

This made me smile today
Yes, we are one big happy family here, aren't we??
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Yes, we are one big happy family here, aren't we??
Yeah
I can't believe that happened to you
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Belinda:

Judging from the quality of what you write here in these posts, you do not need to worry about your English as it is (gramatically) better than many Bajans. Looking forward to meeting you on your upcoming trip and good luck with your interviews.

John

PS Heidi, I am sure that I will run into at the Carib you during your trip
Hi John,

thanks
You have no idea how much I am hoping and almost praying that everything with the jobs will work out.......I have a very good feeling about, and also my friends who already live in Barbados always tell me not to worry because my work is excellent. Well I got really positive feedback after my application, so I stay positive and optimistic

John - see you there soon!!
Belinda
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mizzy
hi belinda
from above see that our trips will cross if you are not there in august. i visit island regulary so hopefully will meet one time. ............
mizzy
Hi mizzy,

oh how sad....I will probably leave at the end of July, but there is a small chance that I will stay the whole summer, I will know this by the end of next week. So maybe we will be there the same time, I will keep you up-to-date!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

70sBernd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Belinda1974
Hi,

I just sent you a private message regarding Virgo
Wow so you leave tomorrow, you lucky one!! I wish you a great journey, kiss and greet de island from me Really sad that we can´t meet this time, but I hope so in the near future!

See you soon and take care !!
Belinda
Hello everyone!
I'm Belindas husband and joined here right now.
(because my wife said that there are soo many lovely people in this forum!)
See you!
Bernd
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 70sBernd
Bernd
That´s true!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

12ellie12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true! Friendly AND helpful
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Rumswizz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
See you!
Bernd
Welcome.......she's right..everyone is great.

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

mizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
See you!
Bernd
couldnt agree more..........welcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.