Citizenship by marriage

Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

laudrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship by marriage

Has anyone applied for citizenship by marriage in Barbados and gotten through? How long did it take?
My 4-year old application though I had an interview a year ago is taking too long. Any advice?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 2:54 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship by marriage

I have it,, but it was 19 years ago.. and only took 3 months..

there are others on the board more recent then me and it's taken about 3-4 years. I would suggest checking with Immigration on the status.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:06 am
Just Joined

uk2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would go down there and speak to someone - if you call they dont always answer the phone. 4 years is a long time, mine took 10 months and I know someone who recently got theirs after about 8 months. I had to chase up mine with them.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

songbird835 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uk2011
I would go down there and speak to someone - if you call they dont always answer the phone. 4 years is a long time, mine took 10 months and I know someone who recently got theirs after about 8 months. I had to chase up mine with them.
Hi, hopefully i may be able to give some news, I applied for mine 3 years ago, i have my reside and work, right now they are processing 2006, i was advised of this last week when i went to immigration to ask the situation, however, it may not hurt to go down and speak with them, the phone is never a good option in person is always the best thing, they were very courteous with me. Apparently there is a very big backlog and that is why there is so much of a hold up...it took me nearly 6 months to get my reside and work from when i paid for it, just because of the back log....sit tight, well all get there in th end...
Old Nov 14th 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

uk2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi apologies i thought it was the reside and work permit you had applied for (should have read your post a bit more carefully!). It definitely takes over 3 years for the citizenship to come through. I know theres definitely a back log as Song Bird said, but it still may be a good idea to go down there and ask a question?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

laudrick is an unknown quantity at this point

I went into Immigration a few days ago after many repeated futile calls. I had a long two hour wait before I see the officer incharge of citizenship and after tight scrutiny of my file the citizenship was approved. I now have to pay B$1,500.00 or US$750.00 to pay for the same.
What's the next step after payment?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:57 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Laudrick.. congrats.. you should be getting a citizenship certificate (well I did all that many years ago). and was able to start working.. I have my ID Card (but never have applied for a passport).

interesting the amount.. in 19 years, the cost has not quite doubled.. I think I paid 800.00bbd back then.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Lyndi1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The same happened to me Laudrick.

I paid my money in Barbados then went home to the UK. I had to wait 6 months before my certificate arrived and I officially became a citizen of Barbados. Your certificate might arrive earlier as you live in Barbados, but you've done all you can now and it's just a matter of waiting!

Lyndi