Back in the UK since June!!

Old Jul 20th 2014, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back in the UK since June!!

I have been in the UK for a month now with my wife and 4 year old.

Came through immigration with return tickets and proof of funds.
They stamped my wife's passport with a 6 month tourist visa. No questions asked, not even for a return ticket.

We rented out a nice small furnished house before we left.
Now I have my son registered with our local NHS (no questions asked). I saw my local GP for the first time after 10 years. In fact a new one as my previous one had left. He just asked why I hadn't been in for so long. All very nice.

My son is starting primary school in Sept!
BUT of course my wife has to return in December.
Hopefully have a job soon, I am making good contacts and should have something by August fingers crossed.

So tough times coming up as we'll have to be apart for some time. But I intend to contact my local MP to make a fuss about the new law and how it is splitting our family up.

First week was very strange being out of the UK for soo long but now we're settling in nicely.
Bought a used car, got all the utilities set up and now just enjoying precious time with my wife and son.

Old Jul 21st 2014, 10:53 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in the UK since June!!

Goog luck to you, alfista1. I hope you have work soon and that your separation will be very short.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you especially with what's to come. I hope you can get it all together as soon as possible so you can all be together relatively fast. Take care!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

CONGRATS! Glad to hear everything is going so easily! Hoping everything goes smoothly and that your wife will enjoy her stay, and that her wait to return in the new year will be really short!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks everyone.
Just spent a lovely afternoon in the local park (Beacon Park, Lichfield).
Full of people having picnics, spoke with a couple of other parents. All very friendly and clean!