Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Back Home
Reload this Page >

Back 5 years and 3 months today!

Back 5 years and 3 months today!

Old Aug 28th 2018, 5:20 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back 5 years and 3 months today!

Well hello everyone, just lil ol me popping in to say hello, it’s been forever since I’ve been on here so nice to have a browse and see what you’re all up to!

Me? Well I’m good thanks, still happy in the UK, very settled now back in my little flat and still traveling a lot - Venice, NYC, Paris, Korea, Japan and San Diego so far this year.

I have a really good job now working for the MOD working as a medic on Royal Navy support ships, just finished a delivery voyage from Korea and now I’ve got a couple of months off so I’m off to the USA and Mexico for a few months.

I still spend heaps of time with my family, so nice having them just around the corner and after losing my Dad so suddenly I really do treasure the time I get to spend with them.

So I went back to Oz for a holiday about 18 months ago! I went to Perth where I grew up as I really didn’t want to go back to Queensland, would have liked to have seen my mates but I really just wanted to stay in Perth. I stayed with a childhood friend of mine and I had an amazing time, really loved it plus I caught up with some friends who had moved there from London, was weird but good lol! It settled some ghosts for me and I do think if I had gone back to Perth originally I would have been happier and I probably would have stayed. It was a good thing for me to do, made me realise I still do love Australia but I’m happy living in the UK now and I’ve made my peace with it all at last.

Well that is about it from em except one more thing................. I’m getting married 👰!!!!! I met someone and he is wonderful, if I hadn’t moved back here I would have never met him, it’s strange to look back and see how things have all worked out for the best after all that heartache I went through.

Well hope you are all doing ok, have been reading through some posts and it’s been great to find all where everyone is at now. Big hugs to you all! Betty xx
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 5 years and 3 months today!

Hellooo Miss Betty!!!!!!

So great to hear all your good news. Congrats on your engagement. And very happy to hear you love your job and are finally settled in the UK.
I made it over here since you were last on - finally! Been here 18 months now. Living in Norwich and loving it. We go back to the US every few months. Daughter also getting married in October so we'll be back for that. Enjoy your vaca.
Now that you are back keep us up to date with your comings and goings.

Perth (formally perthhomeschool)/Monique.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, MissBetty herself, welcome back to the forum.

You are certainly travelling a lot, it makes me wonder how you stopped anywhere long enough to snare a partner. But at least you sound a lot happier than your Queensland days, now just memories you can put in a box and close. I know what you mean about wanting to see friends over that way, I really do miss my Adelaide buddies.

But that is what life is about, moving on and meeting new people.

Keep in touch.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Miss B, so glad all worked out for you
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear this update, Miss Betty! So good to know you enjoy your job, still get to travel, and are going to get married! Thank you so much for letting us know.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 11:06 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your engagement.
Old Sep 3rd 2018, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Miss Betty!!!! So nice to hear an update from you and your happy news. Congratulations to you both and I wish you all the happiness. BTW ever get to write that book?
Old Sep 7th 2018, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!! What lovely news! Great to read your update and so glad that you are happy and settled. When are you planning to have the wedding? We will need photos!
Old Oct 4th 2018, 8:52 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Well hello everyone, just lil ol me popping in to say hello, it’s been forever since I’ve been on here so nice to have a browse and see what you’re all up to!

Me? Well I’m good thanks, still happy in the UK, very settled now back in my little flat and still traveling a lot - Venice, NYC, Paris, Korea, Japan and San Diego so far this year.

I have a really good job now working for the MOD working as a medic on Royal Navy support ships, just finished a delivery voyage from Korea and now I’ve got a couple of months off so I’m off to the USA and Mexico for a few months.

I still spend heaps of time with my family, so nice having them just around the corner and after losing my Dad so suddenly I really do treasure the time I get to spend with them.

So I went back to Oz for a holiday about 18 months ago! I went to Perth where I grew up as I really didn’t want to go back to Queensland, would have liked to have seen my mates but I really just wanted to stay in Perth. I stayed with a childhood friend of mine and I had an amazing time, really loved it plus I caught up with some friends who had moved there from London, was weird but good lol! It settled some ghosts for me and I do think if I had gone back to Perth originally I would have been happier and I probably would have stayed. It was a good thing for me to do, made me realise I still do love Australia but I’m happy living in the UK now and I’ve made my peace with it all at last.

Well that is about it from em except one more thing................. I’m getting married 👰!!!!! I met someone and he is wonderful, if I hadn’t moved back here I would have never met him, it’s strange to look back and see how things have all worked out for the best after all that heartache I went through.

Well hope you are all doing ok, have been reading through some posts and it’s been great to find all where everyone is at now. Big hugs to you all! Betty xx
Hi MissBetty!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
WOW fab news.
Hope you're still eating lots of Phish food though, it's good for the soul