Back 3 months now!

Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:07 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 3 months now!

Originally Posted by lf1
You are such an inspiration!!! Good things will come to you because that is what you give to others. Karma!!

Right, enough of this soppy nonsense, when is that book coming out?
Lol bless you! The book is coming out soon once I've completed my safety course (week after next!), my teaching course (next month), I've got a job offshore and I'm sitting on my bum handing out plasters and paracetamol and then I'll have the energy to start typing it!!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Sep 5th 2013 at 12:21 am.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:41 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Ha ha ha! You rascal - I've got that damn song in my head now!!!
Oh good !
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:42 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol bless you! The book is coming out soon once I've completed my safety course (week after next!), my teaching course (next month), I've got a job offshore and I'm sitting on my bum handing out plasters and paracetamol and then I'll have the energy to start typing it!!!!!
When you are touring the country, with the literary elite, I hope that you won't forget your BE mates. I'll see you next year at the Borders Book Festival for a signed copy. Move over JK Rowling and Mr Ian Rankin!!!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit finally getting a job was such a relief, even though I came home with a fair bit of savings as I knew I would have to support myself and pay my mortgage/council tax/rates/food/petrol etc until I got a job.

I applied for jobs before I came back but, as a paramedic, you not only have to have an interview you have to sit written exams, practicals, driving test and have an occ health assessment so it was 2 and a half months before I did my first day of work.

I've just completed my first month and am looking forward to my first UK wage packet in a few weeks time. The job is fine even though the traveling sucks but I'm happy to have work. I must have sent off my CV about 15 odd times now and bits and pieces are starting to trickle through.

I drive 1 hr 40 mins to work, do a 12 hour shift with no breaks (1400-0200) where I always finish around an hour late, drive home again, get into bed at around 0500 hrs, get up at 1000 hrs, shower, eat, dress and leave at around 1200 hrs to get back in, sort out my vehicle, sign out my paramedic bag and drugs then start all over again.

Next month I'm cutting back to two shifts a week, I should have some teaching work plus film and tv work coming up soon as I'm on the books of a few agencies, I just have to be patient. Its not easy sometimes, I am quite tired a lot of the time but I am so grateful to have work and its worth it to live where I do.

Once some offshore work - eventually - comes up I'll be doing a month on/month off so I'll only do a few shifts a month to keep my skills up. It'll all work out in the end I'm sure of it, I feel very privilaged to have choices - so many people don't
Hell's testicle's! Back in the day perhaps, but I wouldn't be alive to cut back, I'd be resting comfortably in the morgue!

(I wasn't having a shot btw, it just struck me that bringing some mullah in does help, even if in difficult circumstances....however it would depend on how difficult those circ's were. So many folks are profoundly unhappy in their jobs).

I am so glad you have the benefit of being happy in your living location and are able to enjoy some fruits of all that labour!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:14 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Hell's testicle's! Back in the day perhaps, but I wouldn't be alive to cut back, I'd be resting comfortably in the morgue!

(I wasn't having a shot btw, it just struck me that bringing some mullah in does help, even if in difficult circumstances....however it would depend on how difficult those circ's were. So many folks are profoundly unhappy in their jobs).

I am so glad you have the benefit of being happy in your living location and are able to enjoy some fruits of all that labour!
Oh I didn't take as you were having a shot, I was agreeing with you 100% re your comment on being employed.

The point I was - albeit clumsily - trying to make was that my return was made easier by getting a job fairly quickly but having savings to live on until I did really helped.

I haven't got my ideal job (offshore/well paid/travel involved) yet but I'm happy that I actually do have a job. Its long hours yes and the traveling is tedious BUT I love being a paramedic and, due to my personal/financial situation of no children/low mortgage, I can cut down on my shifts next month once I've built up my wee nest egg again! I admit that at 46 years of age its killing me right now but I know I'm lucky to enjoy my job and have choices re hours
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:31 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
In complete contrast to last year Summer 2013 in much of the UK - in England in particular, not so in western Scotland - has been really lovely.

July was the warmest and sunniest for many years, and most of August has seen plenty of sunshine and little in the way of rain.

The Meteorologocal Summer has now officially ended, the warmest since 2006 but now in early September the fine weather has continued - here on the edge of the Cotswolds, in Cheltenham, the sky has been mostly clear all day, very sunny and an official temperature here of 26.7C.

Apparently there is a bumper crop of blackberries in the countryside this year, thanks to weather conditions being perfect for their development to perfection - the hedgerows of the Cotswolds are lined with bramble bushes laden down with huge ripe blackberries.
Really? This has been the best summer in the seven since I arrived here - maybe the northwest of Scotland didn't have a good summer?

I don't think we had quite the series of heatwaves that have been recurring in parts of England, but that suits me fine - just having very few rainy days has been bliss!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
When you are touring the country, with the literary elite, I hope that you won't forget your BE mates. I'll see you next year at the Borders Book Festival for a signed copy. Move over JK Rowling and Mr Ian Rankin!!!
I'd buy a copy! (starts elbowing ribs to get in the queue early)
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sally, thats really lovely to hear! As I've mentioned I'm working in a very squalid low socio-economic environment so I do tend to see and hear the worst of it all.

Even though I have a long drive home I love getting back to my happy little corner of the UK in the early hours. I like to breathe in the fresh air, walk up the fab high street to my lovely little flat and hop into my comfy bed and think "How lucky am I?!!"

I have so many nice things planned for the next few months, a few good opportunities possibly coming up and don't even get me started on how much I'm looking forward to my first family Christmas in years!!!!

My life here feels so full every day, my friends and family have been very supportive and I always seem to to be doing something fun or interesting. Its like I just woke up one day, put the past behind me and moved onto a happier life. I was so desperately unhappy for such a long time its a nice feeling, long may it continue
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyglow
I'd buy a copy! (starts elbowing ribs to get in the queue early)
+1
Old Sep 5th 2013, 9:51 pm
Practical Paramedic

Ah ladies and gents you are too kind! Maybe one day I will write that book but not just yet, one there are far more adventures to come and two? I'm too knackered to type it right now lol!!!

As for my BE mates? I will never forget any of you and my very first dedication in my book will be to you all - the people who kept me supported me, listened to my ranting and stopped me from going...................troppo!!!