Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Priinet reception.

Priinet reception.

Old Jun 25th 2015, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Priinet reception.

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I think it all relates to Telefonica there was some thing major wrong Sunday thro Tuesday. Both their Movistar network and their landlines had problems. They share the mast at the fish farm with Iberbanda who now are a wholly owned subsidiary. This might have been big enough to affect the backhaul which would in turn rub off on Prinet. We just about held on but at times it was very slow.
Hi, we are Movistar and have had no problems at all, regards Bryony
Old Jun 25th 2015, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Luz liver
Anyone else having really bad service in the last week?
I am in contact with Priinet, but paying for 10 Mbps and 7 tests this pm nothing more than 200 kbps. Now trying to watch streaming tv, not enjoying the buffering (which seems to be all I can see).
We are on Vista Esuri, and have had no problems this week with Priinet. I installed an IPTV box earlier in the week, and watched the England U-21 match against Italy last night (unfortunately !) with no buffering at all.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Priinet reception.

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, we are Movistar and have had no problems at all, regards Bryony
Chose not to pick a fight but all is revealed today. The mast that provides all Spanish mobile signal to most of Esuri and Iberbanda WiMAX that gives us our land line telephone number is on the fish farm. The fish farm is bankrupt and have not paid their electricity bill so no signals. Movistar are now to provide a generator as a matter of urgency so all should be resolved within a day or two. Vera are fighting for better provision but there is always a snag a super mast site was identified on S1 only for Movistar to discover that there were no land lines for backhaul. We could have told them nothing beyond Lomas Telefonica stopped there and never restarted. 4th world!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

Anyone have an update? Trying to be patient but my mobile signal and wifi is RUBBISH!
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 4:33 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luz liver
Anyone have an update? Trying to be patient but my mobile signal and wifi is RUBBISH!
With respect, no-one will be able to help you here, you have to take up the fight with Priinet, if they aren't delivering what you paid for. You may have to push and repeat things with them, as they are so busy, and it may get frustrating..... In my case they had to finally change the aerial as mine was broken. The good news is that if others are getting good reception -then it is a fix. Earlier we were all getting bad reception and Priinet had to upgrade the 'pipe' of network bandwidth coming in, to meet the need.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 3rd 2015 at 4:41 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Got Priinet installed on Friday. Reception seems fine for tablet and mobile use. The installation guys seem to know what they're at. Had a problem with installation initially due to access from neighbours comms duct. To cut a long story short we used white conduit to conceal the black comms cable at my extra cost.
All happy with outcome so far.
Regards
Martin