Reload this Page >

buying a flat in Sevilla

buying a flat in Sevilla

Old Jul 19th 2015, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Lalila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying a flat in Sevilla

Hi everyone,

My name is Laura, I live in London with my family and plan to stay here for 5-6 more years, until one of my kids finishes secondary school. We are thinking of buying a flat in Sevilla, my favourite city in Spain, rent it out for a couple of years and then move there to live.

I have researched a bit the internet and may need your advice with the following:

1. Our budget for buying a 1 or 2-bed flat would be around 60,000 euros (via a loan), can we hope to find anything around this figure in Triana/Macarena neighbourhoods? I have found some properties - some even cheaper - on Idealista and other websites but I am not convinced that they are serious ones (ie. not risky to buy).
2. Apart from Triana and Macarena, are there any good neighbourhoods in Sevilla where we may find a flat within our budget? Shall we consider looking into other cities as well (eg: Granada, Cadiz) for more value for money?
3. We intend to rent out the property for 5-6 years - how is the property market at the moment? Is it difficult to rent a flat on a long term or short term (eg: airbnb)?
3. Can you recommend any reliable real estate companies in Seville? PM, please, if the case.

Any information is very much appreciated! Thank you!
Old Jul 19th 2015, 4:08 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a flat in Sevilla

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 20th 2015, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a flat in Sevilla

Hi Lalila

I would not do it personally

Firstly 60k isnt a lot of money even for Sevilla - and the cheap neighbourhoods are pretty rough

You would struggle to rent it out - maybe you could get 200 euros per month rent, but who knows and it is hardly worth the investment

Thirdly, you have to pay 6ks worth of sales taxes which is 2-3 years worth of rent

Buying properties at the bottom of the market in Spain isnt a good idea unless you are hoping for capital appreciation. And I wouldnt bet on it