Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road
Smile COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

It is disapointing that the previous thread was summarily shut down. I appreciate that it has taken a direction beyond that which may have been intended.

However, the original thread became a means of communication for many of us who are not full time resident at CE. It has been invaluable to a number of us setting up an action group against Fadesa for what they have done on Rago 1. Yes it may be that things do get sorted eventually, but to those that do not live on site we have no way of being able to face upto Fadesa on a daily basis...the communications that we have set up through the original thread have certainly helped things progress.

I am sorry that this may appear a negative use of a thread, but it is a reality that what Fadesa has left on Rago 1 is poor by any standard.

Yes, there have been many negative posts about CE which seem to be unfounded, but the last time I checked we still had freedom of expression and opinion.

Also, the thread has been used by many to arrange golf and establish new friendships.....again this benefits many people who are not full time residents.

So here goes with a new thread.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Esuri

As Sam was the original poster and it was her baby then it was up to her what happened to it and I think she prefered to close it and let people open their own threads.
No problem with any amount of threads, you may find it easier to search for stuff later if you you want to talk about golf or whatever to start an individual thread for each subject
If they relate to Spain then post in the Spain forum, if not then post in the Siesta forum that is a sort of lounge and covers anything that is not only relevent to Spain.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi All Esurians,

I understand the sentiment being expressed by Sam BUT it is essential to keep open lines of communications between all those who have bought on Esuri and those who will do so in the future.

I also think it is essential to try as best as we can to keep the thread factual but in the absence of any communications from Fadesa we cannot always verify what we hear and it is often only by following up the rumours that we can get at the truth.

Kath and I are in for the long haul and would hope that we can keep all posts of a positive nature but that does not mean that criticism should not be made where it is deserved particularly in the way Fadesa behave and their dilatory way in taking forward the completion of the urbanisation.

I must finish this first post with a huge vote of thanks, I hope from us all, to Sam and Benny for everything they have done both through this thread and in person to help us all overcome the butterflies of buying and moving to gods corner of the universe in Ayamonte Spain.

Regards,

John.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
It is disapointing that the previous thread was summarily shut down. I appreciate that it has taken a direction beyond that which may have been intended.

However, the original thread became a means of communication for many of us who are not full time resident at CE. It has been invaluable to a number of us setting up an action group against Fadesa for what they have done on Rago 1. Yes it may be that things do get sorted eventually, but to those that do not live on site we have no way of being able to face upto Fadesa on a daily basis...the communications that we have set up through the original thread have certainly helped things progress.

I am sorry that this may appear a negative use of a thread, but it is a reality that what Fadesa has left on Rago 1 is poor by any standard.

Yes, there have been many negative posts about CE which seem to be unfounded, but the last time I checked we still had freedom of expression and opinion.

Also, the thread has been used by many to arrange golf and establish new friendships.....again this benefits many people who are not full time residents.

So here goes with a new thread.
I have also started a new thread and I would not wish to compete with yours so perhaps we should ask jdr to combine them and if you don't mind under my title since it is the nearest we can get to the old one and will perhaps be easier to find for those who are not logged on all the time. Would you agree?

Regards,

John.

PS you must be a much better and quicker typist than me!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 2nd 2008 at 1:30 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

esmesgran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi
Thanks for getting the new thread started, you are right and this is a fantastic source of information. Everyone has been so generous sharing their knowledge and we would all be worse off if we didn't continue it.
Muchisimas gracias
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All Esurians,

I understand the sentiment being expressed by Sam BUT it is essential to keep open lines of communications between all those who have bought on Esuri and those who will do so in the future.

I also think it is essential to try as best as we can to keep the thread factual but in the absence of any communications from Fadesa we cannot always verify what we hear and it is often only by following up the rumours that we can get at the truth.

Kath and I are in for the long haul and would hope that we can keep all posts of a positive nature but that does not mean that criticism should not be made where it is deserved particularly in the way Fadesa behave and their dilatory way in taking forward the completion of the urbanisation.

I must finish this first post with a huge vote of thanks, I hope from us all, to Sam and Benny for everything they have done both through this thread and in person to help us all overcome the butterflies of buying and moving to gods corner of the universe in Ayamonte Spain.

Regards,

John.
Thanks for getting this new thread going John and I agree with everything you say. I was shocked to switch on today to find the thread was being closed - I certainly did not know that the original 'owner' had the right to do this. I have found the thread extremely helpful and supportive but I can also understand the fears Sam has any negativity might have on the development of Esur. Things have not gone as I expected it but this thread has been instrumental in helping us to influence and plan. Information can now be made available worldwide - it is the world we live in - it is not possible to 'close' it down. Esuri is huge and will therefore always attract a large number of people wanting to share their experiences, plans and lives.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

I have also started a new thread and I would not wish to compete with yours so perhaps we should ask jdr to combine them and if you don't mind under my title since it is the nearest we can get to the old one and will perhaps be easier to find for those who are not logged on all the time. Would you agree?

Regards,

John.

PS you must be a much better and quicker typist than me!
I am assuming JDR the old thread cannot be found in any shape or form - it was a mine of info - contacts names etc and I only made a note of some - we will have to rely on you John now even more!

Think it might be an idea to combine both.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
I am assuming JDR the old thread cannot be found in any shape or form - it was a mine of info - contacts names etc and I only made a note of some - we will have to rely on you John now even more!

I have merged the two threads
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have merged the two threads
Yes, a big thanks to Sam and Benny. Without their efforts I am sure that the learning curve would have been much steeper for us all.

I am confident that in a few years all will have settled down and we will look back and laugh (or cry).
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The old thread is still here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397668
It's just closed, not deleted.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Correct, but I suggest you make a note of the thread url as it will slowly slip down the pages
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think if you search back all parts of the thread except part one are still there so you can look at 2, 3 and 4. I don't know what happened at the end of part 1 but it must have been brutal cause Sue hid it from our eyes.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you search back all parts of the thread except part one are still there so you can look at 2, 3 and 4. I don't know what happened at the end of part 1 but it must have been brutal cause Sue hid it from our eyes.
Surely not as brutal as the damage to the Costa's coastline by concrete, as evidenced by Esuri.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The thread is still there, the same as the other three parts of it, although like you say it is hard to find anything in it. It would be much easier to make a thread for each subject and then in future if anyone wants to search for golf or bus or taxi or building info they only have to look in that thread.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

yvonne52 is a jewel in the roughyvonne52 is a jewel in the roughyvonne52 is a jewel in the roughyvonne52 is a jewel in the roughyvonne52 is a jewel in the rough

I totally understand where Sam is coming from because I'm fed up of all the negative vibe as well.
I've had my ups and downs since moving into our property - mainly due to Fadesa 'back-up' team not knowing what they were doing or probably more like 'not interested'. There are some problems that are ongoing - these will be sorted !!!! (and I speak from experience as having property in Spain for about 18 years) It just takes time.
I have no regrets about buying at Esuri but, there again, I bought because I loved the area and culture. I do worry about the number of houses up for sale but I know that some people were just being 'greedy' and thought they could make a 'fast buck'. It doesn't work like that. So in the meantime don't do the place down 'cos it doesn't deserve it - it still has to grow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.