Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notts meet 24th June

Notts meet 24th June

Old Jun 15th 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Notts meet 24th June

Originally Posted by Nick11
Hows your cat, Sally?
Hi all

hope cat is ok, Andrew's mum - no new updates?

Kiz but?? who are you really?? I will book you in as well for 8p[m in flammin dragon

I think we should go to walk about for 7pm as i know where that is and i have to come on my own as he is going to london for a business jolly! I am coming through from Derby if anyone is near a52 i am happy to do a pick up on the way through.

Tracy
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:54 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hows your cat, Sally?

£200 !!!!!!!!

F****** hell !!!!!! :scared:

Ok, I've calmed down. Cat broke his leg. Recovering in a rabbit cage in the kitchen. He's not very happy and neither is Chris !
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Kizbut1, is us - Jo & Steve, we've 2 girls, Fran and Alex (10 and 7), 2 dogs, 2 cats and live in Brinsley. I stay home and Steve is a vet - BUT - not from Ambivet! 7pm at the Walkabout sounds fine, specially since my neighbour has just given me a run down of the Aussie beers they have, I want to try the Tooheys Blue (I think). I should try to get to like XXXX since its brewed in Brisbane, but I'm not a great fan.
How will we spot you? Do you all wear carnations or something? We'll be coming in on tram from Phoenix Park and there will be 2 spare seats in the car if anyone needs them.
Jo.

Originally Posted by Bubbles
Hi all

hope cat is ok, Andrew's mum - no new updates?

Kiz but?? who are you really?? I will book you in as well for 8p[m in flammin dragon

I think we should go to walk about for 7pm as i know where that is and i have to come on my own as he is going to london for a business jolly! I am coming through from Derby if anyone is near a52 i am happy to do a pick up on the way through.

Tracy
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Be thankful the leg didn't need an external fixator! Chris wouldn't have been happy at that, they are amazing things to look at tho.
Jo.

Originally Posted by SalSa
£200 !!!!!!!!

F****** hell !!!!!! :scared:

Ok, I've calmed down. Cat broke his leg. Recovering in a rabbit cage in the kitchen. He's not very happy and neither is Chris !
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:29 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Be thankful the leg didn't need an external fixator! Chris wouldn't have been happy at that, they are amazing things to look at tho.
Jo.

I'm still seething. Can't believe how much it's cost me. Oh well. I might win the Lottery on Saturday.

Sorry haven't thought about the meet yet. I reckon we all ought to wear something with 'Aus' on. Think i'll wear my nice hat again!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Can I just remind those who live in the vicinity of Eastwood, that the Brinsley Carnival is on this Sunday the 18th, theres stalls, fair rides, a float competition, various food stalls, displays and a 200ft fly by :scared: (the lowest they can go) not sure if its a Spitfire this year tho. Kick off will be late morning, and donations from the Carnival are made to local charities. If you do go, look for Jo or Steve, we'll be in the cubs tent, burning burgers and selling cakes. Hope to see you there!
Jo
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:35 pm
Love it here!

Can I just remind those who live in the vicinity of Eastwood, that the Brinsley Carnival is on this Sunday the 18th, theres stalls, fair rides, a float competition, various food stalls, displays and a 200ft fly by :scared: (the lowest they can go) not sure if its a Spitfire this year tho. Kick off will be late morning, and donations from the Carnival are made to local charities. If you do go, look for Jo or Steve, we'll be in the cubs tent, burning burgers and selling cakes. Hope to see you there!
Jo

Ah bless! What time does it start?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

i think we should wear something to help Jo and Steve recognise us. I wouldn't think walkabout will be too busy at 7 unless there is a match???? is which case we may want to meet them outside so we don't miss them!

Tracy
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Probably about 11 ish, I've never known there be an official start time! It goes on until about 4.30pm, so you wouldn't miss it!
Jo

Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:55 am
Love it here!

Probably about 11 ish, I've never known there be an official start time! It goes on until about 4.30pm, so you wouldn't miss it!
Jo

If we're about, we'll try and come up! Were meant to be going to Skeggy to see the out-laws but don't know if we can be bothered!!

Eldest son has as Aussie t-shirt so i'm gonna be wearing that and my aussie hat next week!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

If we're about, we'll try and come up! Were meant to be going to Skeggy to see the out-laws but don't know if we can be bothered!!

Eldest son has as Aussie t-shirt so i'm gonna be wearing that and my aussie hat next week!
Really pleased Fluffy is on the mend. Scooby (the dog with cancer) appears to be holding his own - not throwing up after every meal!!!! Cost us 100 quid for blood tests - must be a lot of rich vets out there!!!!!!!
Andrews mum is back home after having the pace maker fitted - nearly murdered her last week and she was only in the house for 5 minutes - will explain more next week. Hopefully they might have found some sheltered housing - THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!
Application off to DIMIA next week
Nick
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Can I just point out, that as I am married to vet - who owns his own practice - we are not rich, not even close to it . We drive an astra, have holey clothes :scared: and are doing up the house ourselves cos we cant afford decorators and plasterers. If you want a rich occupation, go to your dentist, they earn 3 times as much per month as a vet does (I can quote because my sister is a dentist and likes to point this out) So if you use the Lawrence vets in Eastwood, I can state that your money goes on staff wages and equipment like endoscopes, X ray machines and top of the range heart monitors and chemotherapy drugs. No vet (the ones we know) does the job for the money, otherwise they wouldn't do it. They do it because they are concerned about welfare for the pets. The very reason we are emigrating is because of new laws being brought in which is stressing out the profession and will ultimately lead to welfare issues. There, sorry for the rant, but I've heard it sooooo many times before.
Regards
Jo p.s we are nice people really, but known as church mice among my sisters friends who are dentists, airline pilots, solicitors etc the list goes on. Did you know that a librarian earns more than a newly qualified vet?

Really pleased Fluffy is on the mend. Scooby (the dog with cancer) appears to be holding his own - not throwing up after every meal!!!! Cost us 100 quid for blood tests - must be a lot of rich vets out there!!!!!!!
Andrews mum is back home after having the pace maker fitted - nearly murdered her last week and she was only in the house for 5 minutes - will explain more next week. Hopefully they might have found some sheltered housing - THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!
Application off to DIMIA next week
Nick
Old Jun 17th 2006, 9:53 am
Love it here!

Chill Jo Take a deep breath
OK, Vet's aren't the robbers we thought they were, point taken
Go and have a lie down
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Lying down, breathing into a paper bag as we speak....
Jo

Chill Jo Take a deep breath
OK, Vet's aren't the robbers we thought they were, point taken
Go and have a lie down
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Lying down, breathing into a paper bag as we speak....
Jo

Wow , didn't realise our posts were so controversial. Didn't mean to offend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.