Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notts meet 24th June

Notts meet 24th June

Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Notts meet 24th June

Originally Posted by SalSa
OMG!!! Andrew will be asking Chris for tips!
No ,don't think they'll be here much longer - god bless em. Prefer the natural way.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:40 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nick11
No ,don't think they'll be here much longer - god bless em. Prefer the natural way.
Aaaahh!! It's still upseting which ever.........
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Aaaahh!! It's still upseting which ever.........
Dreading the day.My bottom lip went when you told me your news. It's sad knowing we've got a new life to look forward to, but the dogs, they've got nothing. Could never have them put to sleep, unless they were suffering. I know the day will come, but not yet.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:48 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Dreading the day.My bottom lip went when you told me your news. It's sad knowing we've got a new life to look forward to, but the dogs, they've got nothing. Could never have them put to sleep, unless they were suffering. I know the day will come, but not yet.
For gawd's sake we are a pair!!
Enough of this depressing talk! Going now, the youngest won't go to bed..........doesn't she know i'm on the computer? Honestly, kids today....!!!

Roll on Saturday.............
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

For gawd's sake we are a pair!!
Enough of this depressing talk! Going now, the youngest won't go to bed..........doesn't she know i'm on the computer? Honestly, kids today....!!!

Roll on Saturday.............
See you on Saturday mate
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your kitty, for some reason I haven't been getting any mail since god knows when. Hope you're feeling a little better. Your 14 year old probably freaked the most cos I think they have more of an idea about what 'forever' means at that age. Tell him he can have a wombat when he gets out there, poor luv. I do know how you feel . When Steve has had a lot of these jobs to do during his day, he comes home as drained as the owners, especially if they are long time clients that he's had a lot of history with.

How's your OH taking it?

Jo & Steve

Had to have Fluffy put to sleep today, aaahhhhh, bless him
Leg too badly broken.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

I've a lot of respect for someone who is prepared to put their new futures on hold on account of their elderly pets - good on yer. There are so many who just march them down to the vets thinking the vet can be kidded on that their time has come . Shame they cant be charged extra for being selfish b*stards . Did you know that vets cant even find the animals a new home if the owner has decided that they are to be put to sleep - even if the animal is healthy? I tell you, some people make me soooo angry Respect whizzing its way to you
Steve and Jo

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:03 pm
Love it here!

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Sorry to hear about your kitty, for some reason I haven't been getting any mail since god knows when. Hope you're feeling a little better. Your 14 year old probably freaked the most cos I think they have more of an idea about what 'forever' means at that age. Tell him he can have a wombat when he gets out there, poor luv. I do know how you feel . When Steve has had a lot of these jobs to do during his day, he comes home as drained as the owners, especially if they are long time clients that he's had a lot of history with.

How's your OH taking it?

Jo & Steve

Thanks Jo. We're all feeling pretty fed up this week.
When we finally get to Aus we want a doggy so the kids have got that to look forward to! The only trouble is they want one each so may have to put my foot down!!
Michelle (Fozzie) used to post on here before she moved to Melbourne, emailed pics of her new baby chocolate lab called Henry...aaahhhh....we want one!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Jo. We're all feeling pretty fed up this week.
When we finally get to Aus we want a doggy so the kids have got that to look forward to! The only trouble is they want one each so may have to put my foot down!!
Michelle (Fozzie) used to post on here before she moved to Melbourne, emailed pics of her new baby chocolate lab called Henry...aaahhhh....we want one!

Can't believe there are people out there who would put a pet down because it was convienenant - the only word I can use is SCUM. Sam is 18 and his back legs are going, as I said Scooby has cancer, but they can't say how long.Both are rescued dogs.Sam was thrown out of a car and ran over on the motorway, had him for 14 years, he's my baby.Am preparing myself for what will happen. Oz will happen, when it happens.Would prefer it to be sooner, but not at the expense of my babies.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:34 pm
Love it here!

Well, waiting for people to show up at 2!!
Had a very, very strange chap knock at door this morning... said he'd sold his house, seen this house and would we 'do-a-deal' without agents??? Strange. Of course i didn't invite him in house far too messy but i did give him my mobile number and he said he'd phone later when his missus finishes work. My sister reckons he was pulling a fast one and was gonna rob me but when he realised i was 'butcher' than him he came up with a cock & bull story. Thanks sis!!
Had another phone call from agent with a another viewing at 10 tomorrow morn!! Better go out all night so as to not mess house up again!! Anyone want 3 kids overnight?

I'll keep you posted...........
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Our visa was signed for yesterday, first hurdle over with, just waiting for the credit card to get a kicking, hopefully next week. Also Steve is now an official vet for Queensland. The meds are also booked for the 17th August. looking forward to tomorrow, its like a huge blind date....
Jo
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck for this arvo. We had a similar thing happen when we sold our old house, people showing up with cheque books offering us whatever we wanted....as for this house, technically we've already privately sold it. the jungle drums started beating when we said we were emigrating and somone from frans school is buying it. We've said we aren't exchanging until the visa is through though, just in case. If I have to stay here I'd rather do it in this house than anywhere else.
Have you tried a tent for the kids? Just for one night in the garden?
Jo

Well, waiting for people to show up at 2!!
Had a very, very strange chap knock at door this morning... said he'd sold his house, seen this house and would we 'do-a-deal' without agents??? Strange. Of course i didn't invite him in house far too messy but i did give him my mobile number and he said he'd phone later when his missus finishes work. My sister reckons he was pulling a fast one and was gonna rob me but when he realised i was 'butcher' than him he came up with a cock & bull story. Thanks sis!!
Had another phone call from agent with a another viewing at 10 tomorrow morn!! Better go out all night so as to not mess house up again!! Anyone want 3 kids overnight?

I'll keep you posted...........
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:54 pm
Love it here!

Our visa was signed for yesterday, first hurdle over with, just waiting for the credit card to get a kicking, hopefully next week. Also Steve is now an official vet for Queensland. The meds are also booked for the 17th August. looking forward to tomorrow, its like a huge blind date....
Jo
Are you having meds done in Nottm? (17th Aug is my daughter's birthday!)
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, at Tudor House they do the meds and Xrays at the same time, they're based in Sherwood.
Jo

Are you having meds done in Nottm? (17th Aug is my daughter's birthday!)
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 2:09 pm
Love it here!

Yes, at Tudor House they do the meds and Xrays at the same time, they're based in Sherwood.
Jo
Yeah it's where we went. The xrays are done at the park(?) hospital though. The meds are just in the drs surgery.
I asked because Sparks went to Birmingham and i think they worked out cheaper! Which he likes to remind us! Cost me £739 for us 5 :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.