Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notts meet 24th June

Notts meet 24th June

Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:29 pm

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice
Default Re: Notts meet 24th June

Originally Posted by sparks124
if you want to keep with the theme of things we could always meet in Walkabout
cheesy i know
Sparks its been on the market about 6 weeks, we have not had any viewings for 2 weeks now
We could meet up at a bar underneath the cornerhouse, there is one on Forman st, can't remember its name, i'll have to think about that one its opposite the ultimate burger bar!
Glad to hear Jodie and Mark are as mad as you Nick, but can they drink as much wine ???????
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:47 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by electricbaby
Sparks its been on the market about 6 weeks, we have not had any viewings for 2 weeks now
We could meet up at a bar underneath the cornerhouse, there is one on Forman st, can't remember its name, i'll have to think about that one its opposite the ultimate burger bar!
Glad to hear Jodie and Mark are as mad as you Nick, but can they drink as much wine ???????
Wouldn't like to put that to the test - Marks not keen on the hernia he'd get carrying me out again!

Don't know what its like but I have heard theres a bar made for us at the top of town, down the side of the old bell inn? theres a lane and down that lane is BAR OZ! I am not good with directions and I suppose its quite a walk but thought it appropriate?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:56 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Wouldn't like to put that to the test - Marks not keen on the hernia he'd get carrying me out again!

Don't know what its like but I have heard theres a bar made for us at the top of town, down the side of the old bell inn? theres a lane and down that lane is BAR OZ! I am not good with directions and I suppose its quite a walk but thought it appropriate?
yer thats the lane at the side of the building society that takes you up on to maid Marian way, bar Oz is on the left hand side next to the pool/snooker hall
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:01 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sparks124
yer thats the lane at the side of the building society that takes you up on to maid Marian way, bar Oz is on the left hand side next to the pool/snooker hall
Thats the one has anyone tried it?

Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:24 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the one has anyone tried it?

Well i know where Walkabout is so shall we meet there first??? And then go to the other one or is it in wrong direction??

Whatever!

Got 2 viewings this evening and 1 has sold already! Fingers crossed!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Hi, We are some more newbies, this time from Brinsley in Notts (between Eastwood and the M1). Where or what is the flamin dragon? We haven't been to a meet before so what goes on? Do we need to put our names down for definite or can we 'turn up' if we can?
You all seem to be further ahead of us - our visa will be registered just before 1/7 (whew!), we've 2 kids 10 and 7 and are hoping to land in Brisbane early next year, we have friends there.

If we cant make this meet will there be others?
Jo & Steve
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:37 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Hi, We are some more newbies, this time from Brinsley in Notts (between Eastwood and the M1). Where or what is the flamin dragon? We haven't been to a meet before so what goes on? Do we need to put our names down for definite or can we 'turn up' if we can?
You all seem to be further ahead of us - our visa will be registered just before 1/7 (whew!), we've 2 kids 10 and 7 and are hoping to land in Brisbane early next year, we have friends there.

If we cant make this meet will there be others?
Jo & Steve

Hello! Would be great if you can make it! We live at Heanor so not far away from you! It would be better if you let Bubbles (Tracy) know so she can book you in! We've been to quite a few meets now and they're great fun and a chance to share this whole process with someone that knows what you're going through and we try to meet once a month.
We were going to catch the bus or train in, so if you want you can come with us. Let me know! Anyway, back to the cleaning......2 viewers this eve!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:49 pm

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hello! Would be great if you can make it! We live at Heanor so not far away from you! It would be better if you let Bubbles (Tracy) know so she can book you in! We've been to quite a few meets now and they're great fun and a chance to share this whole process with someone that knows what you're going through and we try to meet once a month.
We were going to catch the bus or train in, so if you want you can come with us. Let me know! Anyway, back to the cleaning......2 viewers this eve!
Hi Jo and Steve
Welcome to the nOtts thread. The Flamin Dragon is in the cornerhouse in Nottingham, its a buffet and really quite good. Let Bubbles know if you want to come so she can book the table.
You lucky sod Sally, thats just plain greedy having 2 viewers can't you send one to us!!!! Fingers crossed for the viewings, happy cleaning
We are ok to meet at the walkabout bar too and then move onto the other one.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SalSa
Thanks, we'll be there, not sure how yet. What are the prices for buses/trains nowdays? Or do you want to 'designate a driver' and go by tram?
I like the sound of the pub, do they sell Tooheys? yum!
Jo & Steve
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, we'll be there, not sure how yet. What are the prices for buses/trains nowdays? Or do you want to 'designate a driver' and go by tram?
Jo & Steve

Wow, our little group is getting bigger and bigger - maybe we won't be alone for our Christmas meet up.
Only waiting for reference and hopefully our application should be in to DIMIA by the 24 th of June.
Caz - I think Jodie might be able to sup til she drops, will have to wait and see. Maybe Jodie can tell you more
Nick
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:20 pm
Love it here!

Jo & Steve

Just looked on the bus timetable and last bus is 11.30 so that's no good!!! Thought there may be a later one (there is from Derby!).

Sorry, don't do driving! ( I do, but i'm not!) Will have to get a taxi!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:20 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jo & Steve
Welcome to the Mad House well thats what Nick tells me it is!

We are newbies too and are going on the 24th so will be nice to see you there.

You sound like you are ahead of us in the Visa stakes but we are looking for an SIR which means getting TRAs first.

Looking forward to seeing you there its a small world once you start talking isnt it.

Looks like we will be able to make that 6 at least for Christmas when the lucky so and sos have sold up and gone

Aw well at least they be able to recommend the local pubs for us!

As for drinking til I drop I can but its not pretty
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

You sound like you are ahead of us in the Visa stakes but we are looking for an SIR which means getting TRAs first.

Looking forward to seeing you there its a small world once you start talking isnt it.

Looks like we will be able to make that 6 at least for Christmas when the lucky so and sos have sold up and gone

Jodie - had a look at Springfield lakes - looks very nice. Is that where you said you were going. Really looked family orientated and good value for money.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

We aren't big 'stop outs' anymore, grown out of it I suppose. My eldest (she's 10) really picks on me when I get squiffy and I dont know how the babysitter will take it if we roll in at all hours (or should that be crawl in?)
I cant see my OH staying out past 11pm, he's usually tucked up with his vodka by then! Did you get my private mail about the vets and your pet?
I'm sorry I'm not sure what SIR and Tra is. Steve had to get his qualifications verified and also a letter of 'good standing' from his governing body. To say he's got the brains we are getting in (hopefully) through my uncle in Victoria!
Jo & Steve

Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:22 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Jo & Steve
not sure about bar oz but walkabout sells Tooheys. sally have you tried the tram running times but i guess you still need a driver to get there.

hope the viewings went well for you sally.

Last edited by sparks124; Jun 13th 2006 at 9:27 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.