Your opinion?

Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

jeffseye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your opinion?

Hi
Would i be mad if i go out(on a skilled visa bricklayer ) to try and start living in australia with £20,000 ($50,000) has anybody done it with less and survived or not

thanks
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JenJen
OMG I didn't set out to offend anyone.

I was referring to the house we had seen when over there last year and the costs involved i.e building it, plot of land, and more importantly getting some idea of estimated bills.
It wasn't a case of trying to flash cash if you knew me at all you'd know I don't brag and if it came across like that i'm sorry. I was literally just asking for people's opinions. An after watching numerous Wanted Down Under (courtesy of a really nice guy you know who you are ) The ones I saw were going out there with alot more money. Financially we're more than struggling right now and I don't want to repeat this life over there.

At this rate maybe I should unsubscribe from the website, sick of asking questions and offending everyone, it's just not worth it.
Hi Jen,
This bulletin board is a gold mine of info and you didn't offend anyone. It was a perfectly good question and you got the answers you wanted. There are some people who seem to fall into the 'complain about anything' catorgary, probably becuase they want to post but have nothing constructive so it is easier to be critical (probably the sort of people that write into the BBC to complain that they spotted a continuity error in Neighbours and why are they wasting there license fee etc). Money, whether you have it or not is important so why should it be ignored? The people that get 'bored' with these threads can go to the Barbie and play the word game, like the TV, they don't have to look at it.

Cheers
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:04 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jeffseye
Hi
Would i be mad if i go out(on a skilled visa bricklayer ) to try and start living in australia with £20,000 ($50,000) has anybody done it with less and survived or not

thanks
That's about what I'm taking, life is too short to worry about it.........

I think its plenty to get started with, lets say it takes 3 months to find a steady job, you need 3 months living, no where near au$50k
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:19 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
That's about what I'm taking, life is too short to worry about it.........

I think its plenty to get started with, lets say it takes 3 months to find a steady job, you need 3 months living, no where near au$50k
Whereabouts in Cov are you...I lived there for 12 years

oh, and don't assume it will take 3 months to get a steady job....you could walk straight into a job, or could still be searching after 12 months. There's no certainty unless you've lined a job up before you come.

The money issue varies from one person to the next. My money needs are limited. No kids, no mortgage, no expensive hobbies so I can live fairly cheaply at the moment renting a cheap but nice 2 bedroom apartment for $190 a week. When it's time to buy (if its ever time to buy) I'll need more.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:52 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Whereabouts in Cov are you...I lived there for 12 years

oh, and don't assume it will take 3 months to get a steady job....you could walk straight into a job, or could still be searching after 12 months. There's no certainty unless you've lined a job up before you come.

The money issue varies from one person to the next. My money needs are limited. No kids, no mortgage, no expensive hobbies so I can live fairly cheaply at the moment renting a cheap but nice 2 bedroom apartment for $190 a week. When it's time to buy (if its ever time to buy) I'll need more.
Im in Copsewood, just off the Binley Road, near to the GEC/Marconi site. I've lived here for nearly 30 years time to get out
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:54 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Im in Copsewood, just off the Binley Road, near to the GEC/Marconi site. I've lived here for nearly 30 years time to get out
Jeeeeeesus, 30 years

I lived near the Bull's Head pub in Stoke Green, just off Binley Road
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:38 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Jeeeeeesus
you called?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:06 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffseye
Hi

thanks
don't worry, we went out with waaaay less than that and made it with 2 kids and only one wage. it can be done it just takes the balls and a lot of budgeting. if you are prepared to drive an old banger and maybe pull back on the entertainment for a while in the first year you will be fine. you may not get a dream job to start but take anything to get you going and then look for that great job at your leasure. good luck.

louise
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:55 am
Just Joined

jeffseye is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all your comments you have set my mind at rest now

thanks