Reload this Page >

Your house isn't sold until the money's in the bank

Your house isn't sold until the money's in the bank

Old May 17th 2005, 6:05 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Your house isn't sold until the money's in the bank

A lot of people seem to think they have sold their house because they have accepted an offer.

No.

Plenty of deals will go sour in today's market. My advice is to either insist on a 10% non-returnable deposit or keep your house on the market and open to viewings/ better offers until the deal is properly done.
Old May 17th 2005, 6:34 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your house isn't sold until the money's in the bank

Originally Posted by Don
A lot of people seem to think they have sold their house because they have accepted an offer.

No.

Plenty of deals will go sour in today's market. My advice is to either insist on a 10% non-returnable deposit or keep your house on the market and open to viewings/ better offers until the deal is properly done.

Too true (unfortunately). We have accepted an offer but I am not counting any chickens yets! :scared:

I know your post serves as a reality check but you are an old scaremongerer you!

Binbird
Old May 17th 2005, 6:40 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
Too true (unfortunately). We have accepted an offer but I am not counting any chickens yets! :scared:

I know your post serves as a reality check but you are an old scaremongerer you!

Binbird
Good luck with yours - I am not trying to scare anybody, though. In a sellers' market most deals will go through, in a buyers' market (what we have right now) many deals will go bad or see gazundering or worse, especially where a chain is involved.

We are talking about big decisions - migration, new lives, big changes - and a mucked up house sale could be bad news, best to plan for problems?
Old May 17th 2005, 6:41 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Yep. Agreed!

We were supposed to be exchanging on 1st June (I'll be gone on 26th May anyway!) but just found out that the buyer still hasn't had his mortgage confirmed! He apparently only needs a small mortgage top up to buy our place, but because he lives overseas (An expat elsewhere!) the confirmation is taking ages due to credit checks etc not being in the uk. I hope we'll not end up paying both the mortgage here and rent there for too long! Or worse, that it goes back on the market again! :scared:

We've already had one buyer pull out before this too.

House buying and selling: Never knowingly gone well!
Old May 17th 2005, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

I am meant to exchange next week, I don't dare think that it won't go through.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:08 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don

No.

we will remain on the market till contracts are exchanged,i also instructed my estate agent that i only wanted viewers who had funds in place.
The whole house buying process needs addressing some kind of contractual agreement once survey is done and price agreed!!