Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your good wishes & prayers worked

Your good wishes & prayers worked

Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:13 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Your good wishes & prayers worked

Thanks all for your good wishes to the below email, they seem to have, its been tough especially having the mother in law for a month.
We have just had confirmation that after her chemo & stem cell transplant Stephanie is now in Remission from Multiple Myeloema. This is a big day, she is full of life the last couple of weeks & we feel as if we have just arrived, must be the move to Pelican Waters Caloundra helping us along. I feel we can move on with our lives a bit now, so excuse me while i go & get another tinny. Back in the mix again so will start posting my valuable contributions. Ahem

Sorry I havn't posted for a while, I have had some bad news regarding my wife Stephanie, she has had to go into hospital recently after being fast tracked by a Haematologist who is concerned about his diagnosis which has been confirmed as Myeloma which is Cancer.
It basically attacks all the good blood cells in the bones which makes them become degenerate, compress or fracture. She has had the bone marrow test, she has started on a course of tablets to strengthen the bones & attack the disease. She is now on her 2nd treatment of chemotherapy & a few weeks away from a bone marrow transplant.
It is a very rare disease so they are hopeful for her, it generally affects older people. We are fortunate that Princess Alexander hospital in Brisbane is one of the best blood units in the world & the diagnosis has been picked up so quickly. Our consultant made the appointment for the following morning while we were at our initial consultation.
On the bleak side it is quite bleak, but we may have caught it early enough to give her the best possible chance.
The kids are fine & suspect little & I will keep it that way for the forseeable future.

3 Days later

Steph has had lots of tests, her organs are fine as the disease hasn't got at them which is good. she has no more breaks in her bones 3 fractures in her back causing immense discomfort.
The staff & facilities are fantastic & they are so proffesional, it was a blessing that we came over even if it was just to save her life, which is what we won't find out for some time yet. If we had of been back in the uk, we would of been none the wiser for a while & even then may not of got this kind of priority treatment.
Were hopeful but don't want to ask those questions just yet, we will wait a while, the best we can hope for is remission, they have said she will not do any better than that, but we remain positive.

The kids are happier than i have ever seen them, it's quite incredible really how they have slipped into this life, but they say that about kids don't they, I suppose getting all this fresh air & sunshine, plus there own way all the time is just how we would of liked it as children.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your good wishes & prayers worked

Hey David, fabulous news that Steph is doing so well, I emailed you a couple of weeks back when we got back from the UK but hadnt heard anything!

Glad you are enjoying your new house up at Caloundra, we'll come up & visit sometime, drop us a line!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:31 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hey David, fabulous news that Steph is doing so well, I emailed you a couple of weeks back when we got back from the UK but hadnt heard anything!

Glad you are enjoying your new house up at Caloundra, we'll come up & visit sometime, drop us a line!
Hi Mrs Dagboy, all swell here at the mo, new number is ********** come whenever, but make it soon eh.

Last edited by Sue; Nov 18th 2004 at 11:45 pm. Reason: Phone No deleted as requested.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:47 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

got it David, you could have just emailed it to me LOL, you can delete it now .

Will see what we can organise, maybe a chance of us coming up the coast for a couple of days after the kids finish school, I'll let you know
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

David, I just wanted to say that I'm pleased things are looking better, and Steph is doing well. I have often wondered, after your bad news post, just what was happening.
Lets hope things continue to go well, and you can all now enjoy your new life

Polly
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

David, really pleased about the news. - surviving the MIL - wow But seriously - great news and hope she continues to improve. Please delete the number
Old Nov 18th 2004, 1:44 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi David

Such good news! Glad all is going so well for you.

Best wishes

D D