Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your favourite Australian city?

View Poll Results: Favourite Australian city?
Perth and surrounding towns
40.00%
Adelaide and surrounding towns
26.00%
Brisbane and surrounding towns
34.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Your favourite Australian city?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:17 pm
Student Nurse

scotoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your favourite Australian city?

Originally Posted by hevs
You need to change to celcius! No wonder you think our 38 degs is freezing
I use F because i spend alot of time in the US visiting family i prefer it

I've experienced a summer in the southern US and its hot but nothing i cant handle. I dont really mind it as long as i have a pool
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:17 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
As a surrounding area, I can confirm that we have had one hell of a lot of rain in the past few days I consider it heavy when I can't see the trees at the bottom of the garden because of the wall of water inbetween.
We had that this afternoon.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotoz
I dont really mind it as long as i have a pool
On $43000 a year?

This place is not cheap.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Pissed it down here over the last couple of days (western suburbs) but it has been horribly humid.

G
I work in Toowong and maybe we did have an insignificant shower or two now you mention it .....
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
I work in Toowong and maybe we did have an insignificant shower or two now you mention it .....
I live in Toowong and my gutters were overwhelmed

G
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:21 pm
Student Nurse

On $43000 a year?

This place is not cheap.
I won't be living on my own, my fiance would be here too he is trying to get into engineering (He has 3 diplomas in that field) if not he is thinking of the police force. Do they pay well?

We're just trying to keep an open mind for sure
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

I won't be living on my own, my fiance would be here too he is trying to get into engineering (He has 3 diplomas in that field) if not he is thinking of the police force. Do they pay well?

Police probably pay same as a nurse maybe a bit less.

G
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

I live in Toowong and my gutters were overwhelmed

G
I knew you were out that way .... I have a window seat in the office but it's north-east facing so keep the blind closed most of the day. Maybe it rained and I just didn't see it
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaide is out of the question, then. Depending on what type of engineering I would say one of the larger centres.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by wmoore
I knew you were out that way .... I have a window seat in the office but it's north-east facing so keep the blind closed most of the day. Maybe it rained and I just didn't see it
We have our own micro climate over here near the mountain

G
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:01 pm
Student Nurse

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Adelaide is out of the question, then. Depending on what type of engineering I would say one of the larger centres.
He's trying to get into mechanical engieering its a pretty wide scope which is good he could be a CAD designer from a maint engineering.

If not he is exploring the option of the police force.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

HkiAussie has a brilliant futureHkiAussie has a brilliant futureHkiAussie has a brilliant futureHkiAussie has a brilliant futureHkiAussie has a brilliant futureHkiAussie has a brilliant future

Hi,

Im from Finland and live in Australia now.

Ive been to all the capital cities in Australia, and i would have to say Adelaide is a great city. Its very picturesque, great beaches better than most of the other big cities in Australia, has great wineries, very family friendly, and has great drives around the city and beach coast. Its cheaper than other capital cities, so you can buy really nice land or house. Shopping is great aswell, i was in the Gold Coast and found that Adelaide had much better shopping.

Sydney and Perth are nice aswell, but i didnt like Melbourne at all, not many people do that i know that ive met arouind Australia, but you should visit Melbourne.

Hope this helps

P.S in the end it all depends on wjat you like and what you are looking for...
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:50 pm
Student Nurse

Originally Posted by HkiAussie
Hi,

Im from Finland and live in Australia now.

Ive been to all the capital cities in Australia, and i would have to say Adelaide is a great city. Its very picturesque, great beaches better than most of the other big cities in Australia, has great wineries, very family friendly, and has great drives around the city and beach coast. Its cheaper than other capital cities, so you can buy really nice land or house. Shopping is great aswell, i was in the Gold Coast and found that Adelaide had much better shopping.

Sydney and Perth are nice aswell, but i didnt like Melbourne at all, not many people do that i know that ive met arouind Australia, but you should visit Melbourne.

Hope this helps

P.S in the end it all depends on wjat you like and what you are looking for...

Hi, thanks for replying.

I'm looking for a better life than what Scotland offers, the climate here is terrible and we dont have real summers.

I don't want to be struggling to pay a mortgage or pay over the odds for a property, i want to live not just exist.

I'm still keeping an open mind and interested in QLD, SA and WA.

I've noticed that the SA government helps graduate nurses with accomodation and travelling, im not sure if the other states do the same?

Some hospitals pay a $50k starting salary which is much better than $43,000
Old Jan 25th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

geraldine2 will become famous soon enough

Any views on darwin please....

Gerald
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by geraldine2
Any views on darwin please....

Gerald
There has been a couple of Darwin threads recently - please use the search facility to find them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.