Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

You thought the English weather is bad

You thought the English weather is bad

Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:52 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice
Default You thought the English weather is bad

This is a picture of a tornado of Bunbury WA - it caused in excess of £14 million of damage.

Good photo op though!

Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Heathertoes will become famous soon enoughHeathertoes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: You thought the English weather is bad

:scared: OMG That is one totally amazing photo. You really get an idea of the power behind it. Wonder if they used a telephoto lense!!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Widdi
This is a picture of a tornado of Bunbury WA - it caused in excess of £14 million of damage.

Good photo op though!

Urban myth?

http://reilly.typepad.com/cameronrei...y_tornado.html
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/w...ents/3190/P40/

And these ones are supposed to be of Bunbury damage..
http://www.blogherald.com/2005/05/16...-tornado-pics/

WW
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

Good photo op though!

Somebody send me the same photo, which said it was taken just before the hurricane Katrina arrived
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:37 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

Its a tornado - not a hurricane!

Last edited by Widdi; Oct 11th 2005 at 9:39 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:42 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: You thought the English weather is bad

they didn`t send you this picture - as a friend took it and sent it to me -

It had never been on the net till now.

Its a tornado - not a hurricane!
Well, all I can say is that it looks identical to this photo...

...which was taken by an American storm-chaser in 2004.

His site: http://extremeinstability.com/photographypage.htm
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:44 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Er... 14m GBP of Damage ........ in bunbury................... were there ever 14m quids worth of assets in bunbury to get damaged? More like 14 quids worth (2 houses and a tinny).
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spalen
Er... 14m GBP of Damage ........ in bunbury................... were there ever 14m quids worth of assets in bunbury to get damaged? More like 14 quids worth (2 houses and a tinny).

Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: You thought the English weather is bad

Originally Posted by spalen
LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Last time I was in Bunbury, they were only just wondering if it was time to open a second pub!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:01 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Wherever it was, that is an incredible photo! Id hate to be under that!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:11 am
Banned

I gonna have a word with Bill when I get out there!

Why the hell did he send it to me?

Thanks for that my private investigators