Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

professional help.

professional help.

Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:45 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Default professional help.

Hi just wondering if anyone knows who i can seek some professional help from, regarding our application for our visas. We have got a company helping us but me and my wife feel like were getting led down the garden path!!
We have already sent our forms off but because some info is wrong we are having to do a amendment form, which our agent has asked for another £400.00 because he said that he's going to help us with the stat dec
Does anyone think that this sounds right or should we get a second opinion?
Please let us know!!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:18 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: professional help.

whose your agent mate, and what visa are you applying for and what are you a tradesman nurse etc?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: professional help.

Originally Posted by rick07
Hi just wondering if anyone knows who i can seek some professional help from, regarding our application for our visas. We have got a company helping us but me and my wife feel like were getting led down the garden path!!
We have already sent our forms off but because some info is wrong we are having to do a amendment form, which our agent has asked for another £400.00 because he said that he's going to help us with the stat dec
Please let us know!!!
Get a second opinion - and fast! :scared:

There's really no need to be using a company in the first place, unless you have some sort of immensely complex and/or unique personal requirements which would otherwise prevent you from doing it yourself.

The system really isn't that difficult, and a professional company won't be able to cut any corners for you; it's still going to take as long as it takes, no matter who's signing the paperwork and faxing it off.

My advice is to ask around on the forum for people who've done it themselves, and follow their advice.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:31 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by eljustino
whose your agent mate, and what visa are you applying for and what are you a tradesman nurse etc?

Our agent is O&E Visas, we are going out on a 139 visa and im going out as a Drainer/ Plumber
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:33 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Please let us know!!!
Hmmmm sounds dodgy to me... How much have you paid him so far? Is the £400 just for Stat Dec or for Visa or what...

Good Luck tho.. it's not an easy path to tread! We've just sent off our TRA... so we've got a long way to go...

Sonic

Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:17 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Hmmmm sounds dodgy to me... How much have you paid him so far? Is the £400 just for Stat Dec or for Visa or what...

Good Luck tho.. it's not an easy path to tread! We've just sent off our TRA... so we've got a long way to go...

Sonic

Are you doing it on your own or are you getting help with a company?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:50 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

we used a migration agent and they helped us with the stat dec and we werent charged any extra for the priviledge. their fees are set out on the website for all to see, and we pay in 3 stages and have been asked for no extra?

it def sounds suspicious to me. did you get their fees beforehand? have they got a web site? whose fault is it that the details are incorrect?

how much money have you already paid? if it is not too much i would cut your losses and run.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:08 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
we used a migration agent and they helped us with the stat dec and we werent charged any extra for the priviledge. their fees are set out on the website for all to see, and we pay in 3 stages and have been asked for no extra?

it def sounds suspicious to me. did you get their fees beforehand? have they got a web site? whose fault is it that the details are incorrect?

how much money have you already paid? if it is not too much i would cut your losses and run.
Hi thanks for replying, it's a stat dec for the amendment form because on the original forms it asked if i had any convictions and i said no, but because we have got our police clearance back and it says i have a conviction from 1988 when i was 17 years old, i got done for fighting and had to pay a fee but i thought that was all quashed because i was a juvenile but it's still showed up.So i have to explain why i didn't tell them about it in the fist place.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:13 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for replying, it's a stat dec for the amendment form because on the original forms it asked if i had any convictions and i said no, but because we have got our police clearance back and it says i have a conviction from 1988 when i was 17 years old, i got done for fighting and had to pay a fee but i thought that was all quashed because i was a juvenile but it's still showed up.So i have to explain why i didn't tell them about it in the fist place.

i think i remember you posting something about this not so long ago?
have you told O/E that your thought it didnt matter because you was 17 and a juvenile? it seems a bit harsh to charge you £400 for this!!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:19 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i think i remember you posting something about this not so long ago?
have you told O/E that your thought it didnt matter because you was 17 and a juvenile? it seems a bit harsh to charge you £400 for this!!!

Yes we told them we didn't think it would of showed up because of his age and he was only young but hey it's just one of those things i suppose so we'll have to crack on with it, just hope it isn't going to delay everything.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we told them we didn't think it would of showed up because of his age and he was only young but hey it's just one of those things i suppose so we'll have to crack on with it, just hope it isn't going to delay everything.

it doesnt take 400 quid to fill in a form tho....them them to bugger off....did u not sign a contract with ur agent for a total cost?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:28 pm
Never going back

good luck with it.
SB
X
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:30 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

Originally Posted by biggy
it doesnt take 400 quid to fill in a form tho....them them to bugger off....did u not sign a contract with ur agent for a total cost?

Yes i think we did!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:34 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

Yes i think we did!

Thanks guys for info, really appreciate it.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:43 pm
Never going back

Thanks guys for info, really appreciate it.

you are welcome...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.