Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

you should read this for balanced view

Wikiposts

you should read this for balanced view

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice
Default Re: you should read this for balanced view

Originally Posted by debsy
Steve, that is a great article that shows what it is really all about.
even though its a copy-paste of a link i posted in the electricians forum a couple of days ago..........
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:17 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_russell
even though its a copy-paste of a link i posted in the electricians forum a couple of days ago..........
is nothing sacred
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Exactly.

People seem to think aussies get the licences at the corner store, and immigrants get messed around, its not like that at all, aussies go through the same sort of legalities.

One thing the article totally missed is the point of why you go through all the 'red tape' to get that licence, - its the way your held financially and legally liable for the work you perform. Its a bit more than a piece of paper made up to annoy immigrants
Cresta I also believe has said much the same thing. He has taken a pragmatic view of it.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Thats really interesting.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:15 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sammyg
what?.....it really was a joke!!!
i saw this earlier on the immigration forum, then saw it had been moved here...just having a laugh with Stevo!!!
FFS!!!!
No probs, I was also joking about your signature part that say's Not taking things too seriously!!!

Originally Posted by on a mission
would have thought people would checked the cost issue out first. Its the first thing i have done as i know it cost a fortune to move down the street never mind across the world.
When people have jumped through all the Trade hoops in UK required for visa etc. the implication is that you are fit to work in Aus, a lot of people have not been informed they then have to spend the money and time in Aus retraining to Aussie standards or that their trade may not even be acceptable once they are here as happened to Cresta who as a time served bricklayer was then told he had to be a tiler, I mean how mad is that???

Originally Posted by maisey
Absolutely will find my feet and sus out the job front, also sus out the ED as it sounds lovely compared to the big London A&Es I have worked for. Shinier bucket and all that.
Which ED are you going to?