Reload this Page >

you should read this for balanced view

Wikiposts

you should read this for balanced view

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:56 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: you should read this for balanced view

Originally Posted by sammyg
shouldn't this be on the immigration forum??
Thought you weren't taking things seriously that's a serious answer, a lot of us who are here don't go on the immigration forum as we are no longer emigrating.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by maisey
Read the post with interest and have to say that it didn't say anything I didn't already know.
This site has been invaluable in finding about tradies licenses and re-training etc.
We are not going without any raised expectations but having already researched, we are willing to give it a go. I have to say that I will make sure that I am registered with Queensland Nursing board before I go, already trying to get a job with a possible job there on arrival. OH will do his blue card prior to arriving. Will do as much as possible to prepare before arriving and just hope once we get there that things will fall into place but not expect it to.
If you don't try it you'll never know.
For nurses you can put your name on 'work for us' with Queensland Health before you leave and there's plenty jobs around so you should be fine... also QLD Health into phone interviews at present so you should be sorted.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annqldau
For nurses you can put your name on 'work for us' with Queensland Health before you leave and there's plenty jobs around so you should be fine... also QLD Health into phone interviews at present so you should be sorted.
Cheers for that gone a more direct route as have inside info so to speak, have e mailed a nurse manager of an ED direct with a positive response which is nice. Even though I won't be able to use my nurse practitioner skills in the ED as need Masters over there and batchelors in UK. Still maybe I can do this in the future and get back to it at some point.
If it all goes pear shaped will take your advice. Thanks.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:08 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

I see it's not changed in well over 20 years then!

We migrated to Oz back in 1981 and my husband had to go through the same kind of hoops to get his fitter's licence. It was over 4 years before he actually got a job working in his trade.

Blossom
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by maisey
Cheers for that gone a more direct route as have inside info so to speak, have e mailed a nurse manager of an ED direct with a positive response which is nice. Even though I won't be able to use my nurse practitioner skills in the ED as need Masters over there and batchelors in UK. Still maybe I can do this in the future and get back to it at some point.
If it all goes pear shaped will take your advice. Thanks.
The nurse practitioners courses get advertised quite frequently if you want to jump back on the band wagon but sometimes it's nice to step off for a while.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve`o
http://www.guardianabroad.co.uk/lifestyle/article/279

you should read this if only to gain a balanced view of immigration
Steve, that is a great article that shows what it is really all about.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:37 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Steve, that is a great article that shows what it is really all about.
hi debs thanks for that
i`m not trying to put people off
i`m just showing them some of the realities of living here,

most of which i do agree with ( electricians etc should be licenced )

some which i cannot get my head around,
for example they would not accept any other cpr certificate other than an aussie one, the fact that i`m a qualifed rescue diver and qualified medic first aider meant nothing ( apparently aussie hearts must beat differently )
so i attended a red cross cpr course in order to comply

regards steve
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you weren't taking things seriously that's a serious answer, a lot of us who are here don't go on the immigration forum as we are no longer emigrating.
what?.....it really was a joke!!!
i saw this earlier on the immigration forum, then saw it had been moved here...just having a laugh with Stevo!!!

FFS!!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blossom
I see it's not changed in well over 20 years then!

We migrated to Oz back in 1981 and my husband had to go through the same kind of hoops to get his fitter's licence. It was over 4 years before he actually got a job working in his trade.

Blossom

4 years Now that is seriously a looong time!

In SA it currently takes about 4 months to get a full Electricians licence (which you can get recognition for in any of the others states).
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

its not just immigrants that have to wade through all this

ive just overseen an electrical inspection for an older aussie electrican regarding regaining his contractors licence,

as he was working for a company and he wasnt using it he let his contractors licence expire, when he came to re-apply they wont grant it without him re doing the contractors licence course so he`s got 12 months at tafe twice a week going over all te stuff he`s being doing for years

doe`s it make sense ?? or is it as i percieve red tape gone mad !!
I thought it was a great article for immigrants. I do agree though the red tape isn't just to annoy us immigrants as I've just had to jump through hoops to get a student signed up for an apprenticeship as a sparky. Usually everything is very straight forward but I hope this will be the last time I sign up an electrical apprentice.

So from the governments point of view when they say they are desperate for various trades they certainly don't make it easy for employers or possible apprentices.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

its not just immigrants that have to wade through all this

ive just overseen an electrical inspection for an older aussie electrican regarding regaining his contractors licence,

as he was working for a company and he wasnt using it he let his contractors licence expire, when he came to re-apply they wont grant it without him re doing the contractors licence course so he`s got 12 months at tafe twice a week going over all te stuff he`s being doing for years

doe`s it make sense ?? or is it as i percieve red tape gone mad !!
yep, I've heard of that over here too, madness
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
yep, I've heard of that over here too, madness
i read a good quote the other day that suits
i think it was in the immigration forum

its like eating an elephant
just take one bite at a time
you`ll get there eventually
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

would have thought people would checked the cost issue out first.

its the first thing i have done as i know it cost a fortune to move down the street never mind across the world.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:24 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

that article should be made a sticky, oh and should be in the immigration forum. forewarned forarmed etc
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

The nurse practitioners courses get advertised quite frequently if you want to jump back on the band wagon but sometimes it's nice to step off for a while.
Absolutely will find my feet and sus out the job front, also sus out the ED as it sounds lovely compared to the big London A&Es I have worked for. Shinier bucket and all that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.