http://www.guardianabroad.co.uk/lifestyle/article/279

you should read this if only to gain a balanced view of immigration
your an arse!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:02 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: you should read this for balanced view

Originally Posted by Ozquest
your an arse!
why??? everything written there is fact!! its good they are making people aware of this we had no clue when we came over i dont think it will discourage people just it will make them come over knowing what there in for!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:06 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=kez81;5457395]

Getting my wifes nursing visa was relatively easy, getting registered as a nurse in W.A ( via victoria) I night add is a ruddy nightmare of buerocracy.

If nursing is supposed to be in high demand, why cant they be fast tracked into OZ life ?

Oz needs a minister for DE-REGULATION !

Ho Hum

Dave
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:07 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kez81
why??? everything written there is fact!! its good they are making people aware of this we had no clue when we came over i dont think it will discourage people just it will make them come over knowing what there in for!!
We know an electrician who has had to go through very similar hoops to those mentioned so I'd agree a lot of it does apply.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:10 am

[QUOTE=mindblower;5457413]

Getting my wifes nursing visa was relatively easy, getting registered as a nurse in W.A ( via victoria) I night add is a ruddy nightmare of buerocracy.

If nursing is supposed to be in high demand, why cant they be fast tracked into OZ life ?

Oz needs a minister for DE-REGULATION !

Ho Hum

Dave
Should have come to QLD it's a breeze there. 5 months from start to finish for visa and can work from the day you step off the plane although they may not recognize all your UK quals like nurse prescribing etc. without you having to do an Aussie course.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:13 am

[QUOTE=annqldau;5457436]
Originally Posted by mindblower

Should have come to QLD it's a breeze there. 5 months from start to finish for visa and can work from the day you step off the plane although they may not recognize all your UK quals like nurse prescribing etc. without you having to do an Aussie course.
My hubby is a plumber so we know all about it he has got his license now but we werent prepared for the hassle before we came its good that people are aware before they get here now.

Last edited by kez81; Oct 23rd 2007 at 1:16 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:15 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozquest
your an arse!
As per rule 4 of the site rules. It seems you are only posting to upset people to get a reaction, therefore you are not welcome on this site.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Sue
As per rule 4 of the site rules. It seems you are only posting to upset people to get a reaction, therefore you are not welcome on this site.
well said
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 1:20 am

[QUOTE=kez81;5457457]
Originally Posted by annqldau

My hubby is a plumber so we know all about it he has got his license now but we werent prepared for the hassle before we came its good that people are aware before they get here now.
Have heard it said as a plumber you have to choose between being a gas plumber and a water plumber even if you have been both in UK?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:59 am

[QUOTE=annqldau;5457499]

Have heard it said as a plumber you have to choose between being a gas plumber and a water plumber even if you have been both in UK?
there is different licences a plumbing license and a gas licence my hubby has both but some just have the plumbing.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:51 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Manyana is often the Aussie way of life, they could practically be French or Spanish if you didn't know otherwise.

Basically you have to get used to the fact they have "ways different to our own" even though it frustrates the hell out of you at first and you are left with Post Traumatic Stress and flash backs way down the line to the time when some simple UK task took five times longer in Aus.
its not just immigrants that have to wade through all this

ive just overseen an electrical inspection for an older aussie electrican regarding regaining his contractors licence,

as he was working for a company and he wasnt using it he let his contractors licence expire, when he came to re-apply they wont grant it without him re doing the contractors licence course so he`s got 12 months at tafe twice a week going over all te stuff he`s being doing for years

doe`s it make sense ?? or is it as i percieve red tape gone mad !!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o

its not just immigrants that have to wade through all this

Exactly.

People seem to think aussies get the licences at the corner store, and immigrants get messed around, its not like that at all, aussies go through the same sort of legalities.

One thing the article totally missed is the point of why you go through all the 'red tape' to get that licence, - its the way your held financially and legally liable for the work you perform. Its a bit more than a piece of paper made up to annoy immigrants
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:13 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just electricians either, I have to retake my exams to continue being a medical sales representative.

You would think that they thought us bunch of guys had never studied for our qualifications and/or experience.

like the article said Australia want you... or does it... the way I see it, Australia certainly wants my money... and I ain't going home until it's paid me back!!!

The bill so far
£145 TRA
£870 Visa
£1000+ medicals
£30 PCC's

To come:

House sale legal fees, flights, shipping of household and dog, Rental fees, house purchase fees, Medicines Australia registration, education and examination fees... the list just seems to be getting longer and longer!
I reckon the total will be around the
£12,000 mark all in just to stand still careerwise for both of us!

I'm not sure if Toolmakers have to take extra exams, but we'll find that out in due course!

I ain't leaving until I've made back my money... no matter how hard it is when we get there!
I'm not after an unrealistic dream, I'm not expecting that land of milk and honey, but I do want to be 'needed and wanted' when I get there....

TBH the most important thing to us is being able to live the outdoor lifestyle and dive every week! ( well me OH is a dive widower!)
It will get better as time goes on, but at the moment, you get the feeling that their elbow doesn't know what their @rsehole is doing!!:
One wonders if these departments have any real, useful communication!

I don't really mind, what hoops they want us to jump through, I just want to be sure I can jump high enough!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Read the post with interest and have to say that it didn't say anything I didn't already know.
This site has been invaluable in finding about tradies licenses and re-training etc.
We are not going without any raised expectations but having already researched, we are willing to give it a go. I have to say that I will make sure that I am registered with Queensland Nursing board before I go, already trying to get a job with a possible job there on arrival. OH will do his blue card prior to arriving. Will do as much as possible to prepare before arriving and just hope once we get there that things will fall into place but not expect it to.
If you don't try it you'll never know.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

shouldn't this be on the immigration forum??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.